GTX 275 or HD 4890 for Crysis, GTA4, and Clear Sky.

terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
First of all I would like to say I don't really care about which GPU is better in Left4Dead, Unreal Tournament 3, HL2, Call of Duty 5, etc. (seriously can you tell the difference between 70 and 90 FPS?)

However I would like to know on the more intensive games (Crysis, GTA4, STALKER Clear Sky, etc.) which card gets the higher FPS.

Specifically I would like to know which card does better at Crysis (Very High/Enthusiast, 4XAA)
Generally I was lead to believe Nvidia cards run Crysis far better, but for odd reasons numerous benchmarks show the 4890 beating out the Nvidia GTX 275 at Crysis...is this really true?

thanks!

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Unless you are only going to be running crysis why does it matter?...just look at benchmarks between the two and make your decisions on that not on one game engine you think you need to max out...

terminus

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009

A agree with you to an extent, however both these cards run most games out there over 60 FPS, and beyond that I really can not tell any difference in smoothness. That's why I believe in games like Crysis and Clear Sky (where +2 or -2 FPS actually matter), the smallest differance in FPS makes me buy a GPU over another.

r_manic

Administrator
I think if you're talking about pure performance you can focus NVIDIA offerings. I think the latest round shows ATI ahead in value for money, but NVIDIA still takes the overall power crown.

G

even in call of duty 4 it is hanguping what to do i dont no i am having xfx HD4890 XT edition

KidHorn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
The performance is close between the 2 cards. I think the 275 is a little better. The 4890 is much cheaper so I would suggest you get that.

G

its ok but when i have 260GTX the screen is freezing up its ok but then in 275GTX what will happen

G

if i change it into 60 FPS aslo it hanguping and becomes white screen and so that the system restarts :cry: