Are these temperatures correct for a i7 + Contac 29 + TG-2

tequila_burp

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
I recently bought a Contac 29 + TG-2. These are the temperature results using prime95, CoreTemp, Aida64 and RealTemp. My pc has not been OC. everything is by default.

Temps:

All pressure clips are in the right place:

View from the other side:

edit:

Room temperature: Max: 22C, Min 17C, Avg: 18C

My pc specifications:

i7 950 3.07ghz
Asus p67
Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 6 GB (3 x 2 GB) 8-8-8-24
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
MSI GeForce GTX 460 HAWK SLI 1GB
Corsair HX850W
Case: CM-690 II Advanced

Solution
Thats a little hotter than average temps... surprising given your ambient temps too... could be a bad batch... but for that cpu i would've gone for a better cooler... whats the fan speeds you were running for the cooler and the case???

Just try doing these two changes... switch your psu to have its fan take the air from inside the case and exhaust out... and if space permits add one more fan at the bottom as intake... it may help a bit...

nevertheless sub 80 is OK and around 70 running 24/7 is just about right... but if you plan to OC (which i'm sure you would want to) then invest in a better cooler or proper Liquid Cooling...

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Thats a little hotter than average temps... surprising given your ambient temps too... could be a bad batch... but for that cpu i would've gone for a better cooler... whats the fan speeds you were running for the cooler and the case???

Just try doing these two changes... switch your psu to have its fan take the air from inside the case and exhaust out... and if space permits add one more fan at the bottom as intake... it may help a bit...

nevertheless sub 80 is OK and around 70 running 24/7 is just about right... but if you plan to OC (which i'm sure you would want to) then invest in a better cooler or proper Liquid Cooling...

Solution

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
cant open photobucket here at work but what I do know will help would be adding a 2nd fan to your cooler to make it into a push pull configuration. My roomate has the push pull setup on his i7-920 @ 4.2Ghz and it idles about 45* C but he does have a LOT of fans!!!

anything 70* C and under full load is generally a good reference point to keep your temps in check :D