Is it possible to FIT water cooling in this system?

Hi everyone, hope this is posted in the right section. What i'm wanting to know is if its possible for me to change from the standered air fan cooling to water cooling in this case.

I've recently made several upgrades to my computer, to say it nicely i'm a relgious gamer. And I like to push the settings as high as they can go without blowing my system up.

Right now my rig looks like:

Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower Case

600W PSU

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core

ASRock 890FX DELUXE3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

XFX HD-687A-ZNBC Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5

I've never done water cooling before, so this will be a first time for me. My concern is there wont be enough space inside this case. Not sure if what i've listed helps you get an idea at all. Also any thoughts about it? Maybe just stick with the air cooling and get different fans?

Right now i'm hitting almost 40C just running something like Everquest II on High Quality, haven't checeked Crysis, or anything else yet.

Another thing, would running 2 HD 6870's in Cross X mode be to much for the PSU, and if I was to do that would I NEED water cooling? as i'm running that temp right now with just one.

Thanks for any of your help!
5 answers Last reply
More about water cooling system
  1. watercooling doesn't require that much space except for the radiator. That case won't fit a decent sized radiator so you must mount it outside. If you are comfortable with routing tubes outside the case then go for it. Personally I like my computer as one piece so I got a full tower that fits a 3x120mm radiator.

600W is plenty for that setup. That setup should only use about 400W.
  2. I guess i'm confused...is OP asking if the PSU can handle the hardware as well as does he need watercooling?

@OP:

You don't need watercooling for sure, but I'll be the first to say that it's a load of fun to install and use (if you do it right and get good components).

If you just want stuff cool, spend $150 and get yourself a good case with great airflow and ensure you have the fans to do so.

Otherwise, watercooling, let's talk budget, expectations, future hardware upgrades, etc.

Please start reading:

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/226970-water-cooling-essential-threads.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256607-29-watercooling-read-first
  3. rofl_my_waffle said:
    watercooling doesn't require that much space except for the radiator. That case won't fit a decent sized radiator so you must mount it outside. If you are comfortable with routing tubes outside the case then go for it. Personally I like my computer as one piece so I got a full tower that fits a 3x120mm radiator.

That setup should only use about 400W.

hmmmmm...?
    this is for everything on stock
    http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4521/10900.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  4. @ OP it doesn't look like you need to go LC..not yet
  5. A CPU + GPU will push a single 320 radiator. You'd likely need at least dual 220's or a 320 + another rad.

You'd have to run a single 320 with some pretty good fans to keep stock CPU and GPU at decent temps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Water Cooling Overclocking