Possible OC for Q9300 with stock cooler?

Is it possible for Q9300 to run at 3GHz with stock cooler? If not, what is the maximum possible value with stock cooler? Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about possible q9300 stock cooler
  1. In addition, will ASUS P5KPL-CM be capable of OC? My friend told me that I will need a better m/b, such as a p45 one, for OC.
  2. well ur MB can go to 1600 FSB and the cpu is at 1333 so in theroy u should be able to get ur cpu to 7 x 400 = 2800 so in theroy u should hit 2.8 ghz u may be able to hit 3 ghz though thats hit n miss

perosnally id not OC with a stock cooler at all. maybe if your case is really well ventilated u could push 2.6 ghz.

keep an eye on ur temps though using speed fan or summit

If i were u id just buy a good after market heat sink, u can get the freezer 7 pro cheap at like £15 and that will let u OC to what ever speed ur MB could reach
  3. Thanks. Any more thoughts here?
  4. I also wouldn't try to OC with the stock cooler. One of the problems is that the heatsink on the cooler for a second generation Core2 is half the size of a first gen heatsink. First gen stock heatsink was actually pretty good. I was able to run my Q6600 at 3.0 GHz. without overvolting the CPU.

For the second generation coolers, it seems that Intel made them no larger than they had to be.
  5. jsc said:
    I also wouldn't try to OC with the stock cooler. One of the problems is that the heatsink on the cooler for a second generation Core2 is half the size of a first gen heatsink. First gen stock heatsink was actually pretty good. I was able to run my Q6600 at 3.0 GHz. without overvolting the CPU.

For the second generation coolers, it seems that Intel made them no larger than they had to be.

So I will be able to OC Q9300 to 3GHz with the 1st gen stock cooler? Is the 1st gen Core2 the same as the P4 one? It will be nice if so as I can just stack with my old P4 HSF.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling