Hit F10 to Clear ... blah blah ..
I can't do anything because PC just freezes to death - can't do anything
only after clearing CMOS i get

CMOS Settings Wrong
CMOS DAte/time not set
Overclocking failed
press F1 to...setup
Press F2 to...default values

If i hit F1 i get in bios do some changes or what ever - no matter what i get TPM error ( i can see this error only then if i disable Asus Logo on startup ) other wise i stuck on the logo.
If i hit F2 i get into Windows and do what ever until i need to make a Restart or just turn of PC and it start all over(last few weeks i just put my PC sleep) but c'mon that's lame, i need to fix this problem.
so the only way i can get into windows is to clear cmos (take out the battery)

Maziar Once posted

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245674_12_0.html

But i have no idea how to reset pc through Windows.

I changed Bios battery :) was problems with Checksum
I Cleared Cmos - it doesn't help
I tried to move jumper from pin 1&2 to 2&3 but it doesn't help.
I instaled Bios 0804 - didn't help
I insteled some Beta 11xx - still doesn't help
Bois -> Advanced -> TPM Configuration / Changed to NO - Yes doesn't matter - didn't help

Sorry for my bad English
Thanks Already for anyone giving advices ;)

spaxe

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I have the exakt same problem, and almost the same hardware.
My computer has worked fine for 3 years now, but after a blue screen while playing Dragon age: origin this problem has come up. Have tried the same "solutions" as you, but no luck.

Anyone got some advise??

Sparkdog

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Add me to the list. Mobo fine for two years, then, after putting in better CPU - which the
BIOS seems to recognize - it freezes at this same spot. Can't evne get into the BIOS - "Can't detect TPM device" Of course I'm not using a TPM device.

chrisalex_60

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Had the problem with ' Problem with SPD blah blah........' with all the reading and testing i think it means zero,
just something for mongrel companies to try and sell you some 'drivers' that do nothing. But I did have problems with video just shutting down, black screen. I have determined computers just cannot cope with the heat from new video cards. I have a Nvidia G-Force 8400 Plus 1 gig of Ram. The easy way after much experimenting was to
remove the fancy heat sink from the card that I am sure made it run hotter, removed the side cover on the tower,
and have a 6" fan running directly over the motherboard. No problems for two years. As I said earlier, they promise
great graphics and deliver, but just can't take the HEAT.

frii

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007

What the hell r u talking about ?

chops1328

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
I realize this thread is pretty old, but it may help someone else. I ran into the same problem, and I found out on another post elsewhere that you have to use an older PS/2 keyboard. It will enable you to hit F10 to clear out the problem. I was swapping the processor on my machine and ran into this issue.

Gary Greeler

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Asus has had a good name brand for years. As such I chose to replace my old MB with a new(?) model ASUS. The manual is a massive joke! I cannot get the various add-on boards to function, the is no clue as to what this "TMP" bit is and it refuses to see my DSL/RJ45 connection. The other add-in boards recommended are a total mystery as there is no manual or directions with either, the SATA configuration is an equally complete mystery, and thus far I can get only 3 devices to respond despite the 20 + port SATA ports claim. The BIOS's claim that it will force a USB FDD to function as a boot drive, appears to be a complete farce, and it's total performance isn't close to what Tiger Direct claimed it was.
Regards,
GGreeler
gg@g2net.org

emperillado

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I had the very same problem with an ASUS motherboard and tried everything... nothing seemed to work. Out of desperation I decided to boot with my Operating System Installation disk and it started just fine which made me think that it was an OS problem. Next step I made a backup of my data using a Ubutu live CD and then I installed the OS from scratch. Although the motherboard continues giving me the TMP error, it is now working perfectly!

TRENDING THREADS