Yoshinat0r

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Ok, here's the deal. My case has a side mount for a 200mm / 230mm fan. I would like to put a big fan there, but the problem is, my cpu heatsink/fan is so big that it sticks out just far enough to meet the wall, leaving almost no room for a fan. Now most 200mm / 230mm fans are 30mm think, with the exception of some that are 20mm thick. Neither of those sizes would be thin enough to fit in-between the side wall and the heatsink. I did, however, find this fan called the Scythe, which is 12mm thin, which I believe "could" squeeze inbetween the sidewall and the cpu heatsink. My question is, could I buy 4 of these, screw each one in each corner of the 200mm sidewall mount, and use fan extensions like this to group the fan wires all into 1, and plug it into the motherboard? Would it have enough volts to run 4 fans off of one fan port?

Yoshinat0r

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
So if I were to mount a big one on the outside, would I just place the fan on the outside of the grill, line up the screw holes, and simply drill screws right through the grill?

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

"That's about the size of it"..if you have to drill ,but if you going to leave the grill without cutting it, your air flow will be obstructed and you may experience some noise.
I would just cut out nice hole with dremel/ cut off wheel,this way it will be ease'er to run the wires