Sign in with
Your question

Which 6850 would be better for OCing?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 6, 2010 4:57:48 PM

I am planning to crossfire 2 6850s but im no tsure which brand would be better for ocing, cooling/noise wise.

I'm torn on the sapphire toxic or the gigabyte 6850. I've read the xfx black edition can oc well since it has better cooling, but it gets pretty loud so I ruled that out.

Anyone know which would be better between toxic or gigabyte version?

More about : 6850 ocing

December 10, 2010 1:48:16 PM

allkindsoftime said:
I am planning to crossfire 2 6850s but im no tsure which brand would be better for ocing, cooling/noise wise.

I'm torn on the sapphire toxic or the gigabyte 6850. I've read the xfx black edition can oc well since it has better cooling, but it gets pretty loud so I ruled that out.

Anyone know which would be better between toxic or gigabyte version?

Well i been doing some research and found hat i should be able to run stable with my current clocks With my XFX HD6850(vapor chamber cooler from XFX) and it was correct :sol:  .......I been running like this for the past 5 days gaming with no problems and i don't hit over 66c on the GPU so I'm quite happy, But i think my CPU
might be bottle necking my GPU.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 11:33:56 PM

Hands down the best 6850 for OCing is the Asus DirectCu or MSI 6850R the reason being both use the Direct heatpipe touch tech, and that really lowers temps. Personally though, I am a fan of the DirectCu, so I say go with the 6850 Directcu.

Another reason for the DirectCu, it's also quiet and has voltage tweaking for more insane OC's.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/Radeon_HD_6850_...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2010 1:50:48 PM

^^^ if you can change the voltage, it'll be best for OC. As long as you have good cooling and / or plan on water cooling, voltage options are a must.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2010 8:56:33 PM

Well the DirectCu is the best air cooler there is that isn't an aftermarket.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2010 2:18:38 AM

Agree, DirectCU card would be the best Ocing card that you can get.
m
l
!