New VelociRaptor is not being recognized

I just set up a new gaming rig tonight and the ASUS Sabertooth X58 motherboard is not fully recognizing the VelociRaptor drive.

It sees the SSD just fine and we loaded Windows 7 on it with no problem. When the computer first booted it said found VelociRaptor 600GB installing drivers. The the window went away. Probably because the PC was not hooked up to the internet at the time.

When you go in to the BIOS the VelociRaptor is not listed however the SSD is. Yet the first thing that displays on the screen when you press the power button is Crucial SSD 128GB , VelociRaptor 600GB. It is like the motherboard can see it but it can't.

Any suggestions? Other than running all of the windows updates? The intel chipset drivers have been installed.

Solution
I assume that you have initialized the Raptor so that Win 7 sees it? Click Start, Right click over Computer, Click Manage, Click Disk Management and see if the Raptor is listed in the Drives. If it is not initialized Disk Management will probably request to do so when you start it.
No, I can not hear the drive spin at all. And this is a VERY quiet machine. We have all of this outfitted in a Cooler Master HAF-X case and it is impressively quiet.

I have already swapped SATA Cables and SATA Ports.

This is the motherboard we got.

http://promotions.newegg.com/ASUS/101210Saber/index.html?cm_sp=cat_Motherboards-_-ASUSSaber101210-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fASUS%2f101210Saber%2f478x88.jpg

The model is brandspankin' new. Could the BIOs really impact a raptor? I would think any X-58 chipset would recognize it. If it can see a SSD, I would think it could see a raptor.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I assume that you have initialized the Raptor so that Win 7 sees it? Click Start, Right click over Computer, Click Manage, Click Disk Management and see if the Raptor is listed in the Drives. If it is not initialized Disk Management will probably request to do so when you start it.

Solution

That did it!

Had to go in to disk management, refresh, and initialize. After that it worked fine. Thank you for solving my problem.