Sign in with
Your question

Problem with DP45SG?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 16, 2009 6:17:59 AM

Hi friends,
When i switch on my system, i am getting a long beep, then a short beep (after 1-2 restarts by itself) and nothing happens after that. After 8-10 attempts, it will boot successfully. I've updated my bios with the latest version. Please find below my config.

Processor: Q9400
Board: DP45SG
RAM: 2 X 2 GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold Edition
Graphics: Sapphire 4890 1GB Vapour-X
Power: Cooler Master 600W
Display: Samsung 2233SW

I've checked my graphics card in my friend's system and its working fine. Once i get into my OS, everything is working smoothly. Kindly give me some assistance. Thanks in advance.

More about : problem dp45sg

September 16, 2009 4:14:30 PM

You mentioned the number of beeps. I would check the online users manual for your motherboard to find out what that particular beep sequence/number of beeps means. That may help pin point the issue immedeatly. If you're not sure or the description given is vauge follow the steps below...

1. If your video card is working in a different system you can rule that out and leave it installed.
2. If you have any additional cards installed like a TV tuner or sound card installed in any other devices installed in PCI or AMR slots remove them and try turning it on again with ONLY your video card installed.
If #2 doesn't point out the cause continue.

3. Unplug all IDE and SATA drives from the motherboard
If #3 doesn't point out the cause continue.

4. Make sure your motherboard power connectors are secure. (I suggest you disconnect and reconnect them). Also pop out and re-install the memory.
If #4 doesn't point out the cause continue.

5. Take out one of the sticks of memory and leave one in.
If #5 doesn't point out the cause continue.

6. Take out the memory stick that is in and install the one that you took out.
If #6 doesn't point out the cause your pretty much at the end...

At this point it is caused by one of the following.
1. Bad motherboard
2. Bad CPU
3. Bad Power supply

If you have a spare power supply I would give that a try first. If you have a spare motherboard or CPU you can swap them if you are comfortable with doing such things.

I hope this helps. Remember the beeping is your biggest clue to the cause so look that up in your motherboard owners manual first!
m
l
September 17, 2009 2:25:50 PM

arunnk said:
Hi friends,
When i switch on my system, i am getting a long beep, then a short beep (after 1-2 restarts by itself) and nothing happens after that. After 8-10 attempts, it will boot successfully. I've updated my bios with the latest version. Please find below my config.

Processor: Q9400
Board: DP45SG
RAM: 2 X 2 GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold Edition
Graphics: Sapphire 4890 1GB Vapour-X
Power: Cooler Master 600W
Display: Samsung 2233SW

I've checked my graphics card in my friend's system and its working fine. Once i get into my OS, everything is working smoothly. Kindly give me some assistance. Thanks in advance.

Hi

I suspect it's a memory parity error.
OCZ advertise they optimize memory for motherboards with Intel chipsets.
I haven't come across white papers from Intel supporting the use of OCZ memory modules.
My previous experience with OCZ modules. The SPD is set lower than what is advertised on the module. The SPD has to be set to the DDR3 1.5V standardization.
If I were you I would try placing the memory modules in Channel A DIMM 1 and Channel B DIMM 1. (They are the black DIMM sockets on the motherboard)
I'm not familiar with your BIOS setup but it's probably similar to other extreme series motherboards.
In the Performance section of the BIOS.
Set memory timing to manual
Set memory clock to manual
Set memory speed to 1333
Set memory clock to 333
Set memory timings to 10, 10, 10, 24
Set memory voltage to 1.80 (or 1.79 or 1.81)
Set refresh to Auto or 2T

I hope this helps solve your problem.
Your memory is rated up to 1.9V so the settings I've suggested are safe to test.
m
l
!