Half a year old pc

trance4850

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
What are you think about half a year old pc like this? Did i done any mistakes? Just curious :)

Processor: Intel core2duo e8400 3 ghz
Video card: Asus eah4850 512mb gddr3
Ram: Corsair xms2-6400 2x2gb ddr2
-800mhz 5-5-5-18
Hdd: Seagate barracuda 7200.11 750gb sata2 32mb
Case: Compucase 6a34bs-ug + 550w altis 12cm silent
Mobo: Asus p5kc
Monitor: Samsumg t220 22"
Fans: 2x120mm zalman

LOL, asking for advice 6 months too late?

The E8400/HD 4850 combination should play games pretty well. It's excellent bang for the buck, and it was so when you bought too. You did well, I'd say.

Not sure why the P5KC. Something without DDR3 support and with PCI-E 2.0 support would have been cheaper and with better upgradability. Still, a good board.

trance4850

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009

dude you lost an IQ point again. Youre going to minus. I will say to you slower maybe than you will understand me. I dont want show up mine 'super' pc to the i7 guys. But i want know if i done something wrong

You're knocking someone's IQ? Take another look at the spelling and grammar mistakes in your own post before talking down to someone else. :pfff:

fullmetall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Exactly, your coming into Tomshardware, showing us a rig "6months ago, you should of asked, did i do anything wrong" obviously your just stirring a problem.

Now your telling a person his IQ is dropping because your stupidity/ and loss of "English Grammer". You can only gain respect by sending respect, your just puting your self down the drain.

Cutting him some slack for a minute because English as a second language makes a difference .

It would have been nice if the thread was set up more like a question along the lines of : "Heres my computer , is there anything I can do to improve it ?"

Thats of what the OP is getting at I think .
So heres my answer

The ram timings are pretty slow . 4-4-4-12 PC6400 would be better .

Also watch out for that seagate hard drive . The 7200.11 shipped with a firmware fault that kills the drive eventually . A firmware upgrade is available from seagate and if you havent flashed it yet you should

I wouldn't be so quick to flash that firmware update. I've seen many posts of people bricking their drives by flashing the new firmware. The drives were working before the flash and dead after. They couldn't even get their data back.

Edit: I didn't see the OP's post about the drive dying 5 days ago. In that case, you might as well try the firmware update if the drive is recognized in the BIOS like Outlander_04 said.

trance4850

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Bios cant see it. And i knew about the fix. i want to flash it on the days but...it was too late. That night i oc'ed cpu to 3.6 ghz and gone to bed. When i came from school and turned on pc hdd was dead. Now im waiting for a new one from waranty. I hear that seagate will restore data for free. Thats true?