Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0pH3cY3142

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I am planning on adding a watercooled setup to my system. I haven't done one for a few years so I wanted to get some opinions on my planned setup. I will be running 2x GTX 580 and an i7 920 (future upgrade to Sandy Bridge performance processor) in the loop with a reservoir, Laing DDC Rev. 3.25 pump, and at least a 240 radiator.

A) Will this pump be sufficient to power this loop?

B) Will the 240 radiator be sufficient to cool it? I am also able to add an additional 120 radiator in the case as well.

Thanks

Solution
You will likely need a 240 rad for each GPU and the CPU...or equivalent area of 6-120mm rads...depending on rads and fans used.

That's a good pump and would be fine in that loop as long as you maintain good flowrates and low restriction blocks...but that's with any pump, really. Are you going to get/use a top for that pump, or a separate res?

What case do you have? You are likely going to have to figure out how to mount radiators...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You will likely need a 240 rad for each GPU and the CPU...or equivalent area of 6-120mm rads...depending on rads and fans used.

That's a good pump and would be fine in that loop as long as you maintain good flowrates and low restriction blocks...but that's with any pump, really. Are you going to get/use a top for that pump, or a separate res?

What case do you have? You are likely going to have to figure out how to mount radiators...

Solution

Pr0pH3cY3142

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Thanks for the responses.

I have a thermaltake v9 case. After some more thought i think i can do some easy case mods and add a 360 rad and two 120's. Think this will be sufficient?

Yes I am getting a top for the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.