foxyg

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I am going to get a new system, with around $1000 budget.

Wonder if I should just buy it from ibuypower.com or but the parts and build it myself.

I have built 2 system before, both worked ok, the video card for some reason never fit into the case nicely.

Anyone know a good pc builder with reasonable price, I looked up ibuypower, not sure how good they really are.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shudson66

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I would be interested in this also. I use to build but my time seems worth more than the extra cost. My last two Computers came from Cyberpower. However it took me about 3 weeks to get it working correctly last time. Plus I like having some kind of warrenty.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
This is simple. Build it yourself.

I even did a budget build for my grandma - $250 for the same thing I could get for $450-$500 from Dell, etc.

You can easily build a nice system for $1000

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Since you have a $1,000 budget, you could to a LOT better building it yourself. If you buy a pre-built, you will only get the equivalent of maybe a $700 PC, and the $300 difference makes a big difference in that price range.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Build it yourself. Get choice parts with individual warranties that beat out any warranty from a pre-built company...for FREE (5-years on the HDD, lifetime RAM, lifetime video card, 3-year CPU, etc), learn the ins and outs of your own machine and you get to say that YOU built it!