njoroge

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
my computer fall down on Monday,the following day i realized that it started hanging ,a after long day. i found that the hand disk alert messages started popping,showing there problem in sectors(re allocate sector count 50 1 1) .i have tried to search for softare to collect this but i haven't found good one,please advice me on this issue and the suitable way to go well on it.

The drive may have been damaged. Install speedfan, HD Tune, or some other application that can read SMART values from your drive. If the reallocated sector count continues to rise, the drive is most likely damaged. Back it up while you can. If the drive is under warranty, you should be able to get a free replacement.

If you go to "My Computer", right-click the drive, select properties then the tools tab. Hit the check now button. Check off both boxes, then the start button. If it asks to reboot or run at next start up, allow it to do so, then reboot if necessary. Hopefully this will fix some of your problems.

On its own, "Reallocated Sectors" isn't a problem. It just means that the drive has some sectors that have deteriorated, but it was able to read them successfully and has moved them to some of its spare sectors instead.

"Pending Reallocated Sectors" is where the real trouble lies. Those are sectors that the drive can't read at all - every time you try to access those sectors you'll get an I/O error.

njoroge

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

thks let me try

njoroge

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Hey how then do it stop this popping alarming,disgusting message! buddy