Lost two psu's

imrozya

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
hello
this is my frst post to this forum...i am having a peculiar problem...my mobo stopped giving display so i thought my mobo is gone but got it checked at service centre and it worked fine....so took out the psu from my other pc still my mobo didnt give display..i mean the of processor was moving there was a beep but no display not even power to my usb mouse......then i tried on my other mobo and that mobo was not even turning on.....went to the psu service station and they said both my psu's were gone....brought my friends psu to check ...my mobo no 2 started working but mobo no 1 didnt work again when i tried to put my frnds psu in mobo no 2 it didnt even start so i thought that even this psu is gone...my frnd took back the psu and put in his syatem and his pc is working fine......

to summarise it all i have two systems lets say no 1 and no 2

system no 1

processor fan moving...power going to keyboard but not usb mouse or any usb port and not even the ethernet with my frnds psu but whn i took it to the place i bought form every thing worked...my frnds machine is working fine with his psu but whn i put his psu to my system no display comes not even power to usb....

system 2

worked fine with my frnds psu once or twice then it stopped working even with my frnds psu...but frnds system works fine...

i have lost two psus ...initially sytem no 2 worked with frnds psu but it doesnt work now although my frnds machine works fine with his psu...we both have the same configurations...both mobos worked fine at the service stations...

please help me and tell me whats the problem..is it the power supply at my house or what..how come 2 psus were damaged simultaneously and why does my systems works fine at service station that means my mo0bos are ok...my Friends psu is working properly on his system then why doesn't it work on my system

Or even a good brand but of inadequate capacity.

imroziya, if your new PC is significantly more powerful (more powerful, faster CPU and more powerful card - especially the graphics card) than your friend's, it is not surprising that the power suply would work in his computer but not yours

imrozya

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
i subsequently took my mobo no 1 to his house and connected his psu and it worked fine...but the same psu didnt make mobo start in my house....i cant presume my electric supply has a problem can i?my tv ,refrigerator and other appliances arer working fine...how can it be that a motherboard starts with a psu in one house and not on the other house..????

TRENDING THREADS