Is my power supply broken

Yellow-Asterisk

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
His folks,

I just bought a PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W for my for my new PC. I seems to be working OK, but the cooling fan in the back never turns on. Not even during boot up. Can someone tell me if the fan on this unit is supposed to be on all the time. Or if it just turns on once the unit reaches a certain temp threshold. i really hope i don't need to rma the thing.Thank you.

Link to the power supply page.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009

Solution
Tried downloading the pdf file on their website, but adobe reader hasn't worked well with windows 7. I suggest you read the pdf file on "why it's quiet". I would also email their tech support. I have an antec with similar properties that stops sometimes, using only one of the two fans.
Tried downloading the pdf file on their website, but adobe reader hasn't worked well with windows 7. I suggest you read the pdf file on "why it's quiet". I would also email their tech support. I have an antec with similar properties that stops sometimes, using only one of the two fans.

Solution

Yellow-Asterisk

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Thanks for your help. That PDF says its quiet because of the air gap between fan and internal components. I have put in a trouble ticket with their support site. Hope everything works out.

Yellow-Asterisk

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Thanks for your help. That PDF says its quiet because of the air gap between fan and internal components. I have put in a trouble ticket with their support site. Hope everything works out.