GTX 280 resets and BSOD

Zygon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Hello I finally found a forum that might actually help! I am an active MMO player and i am having problems with running more than one application at a time. I can run my game with no problem as long as I have no other dynamic application running in the back ground. I have tried all that i know from replacing the memory, reloading everything, to running the game at a balanced rating. I am getting the impression that it is probably some kind of driver fault for GTX 280, or even with my video cards themselves. Any advice would much appreciated and if this is a repeat to some other thread i do appologize. Here are my system specs:

Cooler Master HAF 932/
1200W Thermaltake/
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 (stock)/nVidia 790i Ultra Core 2 Quad (SLI)/8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz)Corsair Dominator DHX/300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10k)/1TB storage (7200)/LInksys Wireless-N 300Mbs/2xSLI Dual NVidia Geforce GTX280 1GB (PhysX Tech)/Razer Baracuda AC-1/Liquid Chilled Frostbite Dual Loop System/Vista Ultimate 64/24" TOuch of Color monitor

r_manic

Administrator
How long have you been using your card? The only suggestion I have now is checking your drivers. If an update doesn't work, you can try using Drivercleaner first, then reinstalling the updated drivers. Let us know what happens!