SimPe. Download folders?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.

Having problems again following last reinstall and have two questions.

1) Using Object Workshop. In 'set your path' which option do you alter, the
'Sims2' folder or the ''save game' folder, and what should it point to. The
installed Sim2 files, or the Sim2 files in your documents?

2) Photo Studio has disappeared again. Will this reappear if I alter the
pointer for the Object Workshop as queried above, or is there another fix
for this? I can remember this being discussed before.

All this will be moot if I can't recolour a stone pediment. 8((( I need a
brick one to be honey coloured. Heavy sigh....

Granny.
13 answers Last reply
More about simpe download folders
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Is okay. In frustration I hit 'use default folder path' and it worked.

    be honest, how often does using a default anything work when you have
    shifted folders about all over?

    GCA

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:OjT%d.3163$Ab.612@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.
    >
    > Having problems again following last reinstall and have two questions.
    >
    > 1) Using Object Workshop. In 'set your path' which option do you alter,
    > the 'Sims2' folder or the ''save game' folder, and what should it point
    > to. The installed Sim2 files, or the Sim2 files in your documents?
    >
    > 2) Photo Studio has disappeared again. Will this reappear if I alter the
    > pointer for the Object Workshop as queried above, or is there another fix
    > for this? I can remember this being discussed before.
    >
    > All this will be moot if I can't recolour a stone pediment. 8((( I need a
    > brick one to be honey coloured. Heavy sigh....
    >
    > Granny.
    >
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.
    >
    >Having problems again following last reinstall and have two questions.
    >
    >1) Using Object Workshop. In 'set your path' which option do you alter, the
    >'Sims2' folder or the ''save game' folder, and what should it point to. The
    >installed Sim2 files, or the Sim2 files in your documents?
    >
    >2) Photo Studio has disappeared again. Will this reappear if I alter the
    >pointer for the Object Workshop as queried above, or is there another fix
    >for this? I can remember this being discussed before.
    >
    >All this will be moot if I can't recolour a stone pediment. 8((( I need a
    >brick one to be honey coloured. Heavy sigh....
    >
    >Granny.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Just had a look at mine and the first one "Sims2 folder" is c:\program
    files\ea games\thesims2\ (the second one is Sims 2 University, but that
    one is greyed out) the third one, the savegame folder is C:\Documents
    and Settings\your name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 note the
    lowercase in the first and the uppercase in the second, I don't know if
    this makes a difference or not but I've typed it out exactly how it
    looks, if you have the Nvidia tools installed,(for Photoshop) that one
    reads Nvidia DDS Tool Folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS
    Utilities
    Have you downloaded the latest SimPe http://sims.ambertation.de/
    lol I just went to the site and found that it's been updated HUGELY, so
    I will d/load that one, you always need the latest SimPe, and it's
    always being updated, if you just want to recolour Maxis objects have
    you tried using the Wizards of Simpe, its located in C:\Program
    Files\SimPe open that folder and you'll find a button with Wizards of
    SimPe, right click that and send to desktop, it's a lot quicker than
    using Object Workshop, (bear in mind the object needs to have recolours
    already, I think there's a way to do them without but you'd have to look
    for a tutorial for that, there's probably one at MTS2.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >Is okay. In frustration I hit 'use default folder path' and it worked.
    >
    >be honest, how often does using a default anything work when you have
    >shifted folders about all over?
    >
    >GCA
    >
    >
    >
    Arrgggggggg I just saw this, serves me right for taking so long to
    answer :-P

    ---Sandra
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:CbX%d.3279$Ab.2190@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >
    >>Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.
    >>
    >>
    > Just had a look at mine and the first one "Sims2 folder" is c:\program
    > files\ea games\thesims2\ (the second one is Sims 2 University, but that
    > one is greyed out) the third one, the savegame folder is C:\Documents and
    > Settings\your name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 note the lowercase
    > in the first and the uppercase in the second, I don't know if this makes a
    > difference or not but I've typed it out exactly how it looks, if you have
    > the Nvidia tools installed,(for Photoshop) that one reads Nvidia DDS Tool
    > Folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities

    Never mind; this might be essential reading for another baffled customer.
    It is funny how something you type in all the time suddenly refuses to work.

    > Have you downloaded the latest SimPe http://sims.ambertation.de/ lol
    > I just went to the site and found that it's been updated HUGELY,

    Not again!!!! I hate the sound of the 'hugely'. It was quite huge enough
    last time I downloaded.

    so
    > I will d/load that one, you always need the latest SimPe, and it's always
    > being updated, if you just want to recolour Maxis objects have you tried
    > using the Wizards of Simpe, its located in C:\Program Files\SimPe open
    > that folder and you'll find a button with Wizards of SimPe, right click
    > that and send to desktop, it's a lot quicker than using Object Workshop,
    > (bear in mind the object needs to have recolours already, I think there's
    > a way to do them without but you'd have to look for a tutorial for that,
    > there's probably one at MTS2.

    Ho? I will check this out. The stone/brick pediments weren't there. 8(
    As it is I am having horrible problems trying to get the roof to stay on the
    top layer of my Victorian swimming baths.
    Trouble is. Victorian = steps to go up to the main door. You need them. It
    looks right.
    Swimming baths = back down to the terrain layer, so I have to have more
    steps inside. Then I need a double window to give light on the water. And
    another, one storey up, on the same wall = three stories of windows on one
    wall.
    Now enclose it all up, leaving a big space over the balconies and put one of
    those slopy/flat-top roofs and... The flat part of the roof floats in the
    air because of the damn pool!!!!

    And the top story wall I put a big row of those arched windows and it looks
    like the ruddy Crystal Palace - before it burned down - and in the middle of
    all this I thought 'what the hell am I doing all this for? Put the Sims in
    and you never see the upper windows anyway.'

    I went back, with great relief to my 1930's middle-income semi detached .
    Who wants a Municipal Public Baths, anyway? Not this cookie.

    Granny
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Swimming baths...............do them first by raising the ground where you
    want them, adding the pool then building around it.
    Oh and by the way, 16 clicks of the up terrain button equals the height of a
    wall.

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:uj00e.3518$Ab.2679@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    > "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:CbX%d.3279$Ab.2190@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    > >
    > >>Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.
    > >>
    > >>
    > > Just had a look at mine and the first one "Sims2 folder" is c:\program
    > > files\ea games\thesims2\ (the second one is Sims 2 University, but that
    > > one is greyed out) the third one, the savegame folder is C:\Documents
    and
    > > Settings\your name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 note the
    lowercase
    > > in the first and the uppercase in the second, I don't know if this makes
    a
    > > difference or not but I've typed it out exactly how it looks, if you
    have
    > > the Nvidia tools installed,(for Photoshop) that one reads Nvidia DDS
    Tool
    > > Folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities
    >
    > Never mind; this might be essential reading for another baffled customer.
    > It is funny how something you type in all the time suddenly refuses to
    work.
    >
    > > Have you downloaded the latest SimPe http://sims.ambertation.de/
    lol
    > > I just went to the site and found that it's been updated HUGELY,
    >
    > Not again!!!! I hate the sound of the 'hugely'. It was quite huge enough
    > last time I downloaded.
    >
    > so
    > > I will d/load that one, you always need the latest SimPe, and it's
    always
    > > being updated, if you just want to recolour Maxis objects have you tried
    > > using the Wizards of Simpe, its located in C:\Program Files\SimPe open
    > > that folder and you'll find a button with Wizards of SimPe, right click
    > > that and send to desktop, it's a lot quicker than using Object Workshop,
    > > (bear in mind the object needs to have recolours already, I think
    there's
    > > a way to do them without but you'd have to look for a tutorial for that,
    > > there's probably one at MTS2.
    >
    > Ho? I will check this out. The stone/brick pediments weren't there. 8(
    > As it is I am having horrible problems trying to get the roof to stay on
    the
    > top layer of my Victorian swimming baths.
    > Trouble is. Victorian = steps to go up to the main door. You need them. It
    > looks right.
    > Swimming baths = back down to the terrain layer, so I have to have more
    > steps inside. Then I need a double window to give light on the water. And
    > another, one storey up, on the same wall = three stories of windows on one
    > wall.
    > Now enclose it all up, leaving a big space over the balconies and put one
    of
    > those slopy/flat-top roofs and... The flat part of the roof floats in the
    > air because of the damn pool!!!!
    >
    > And the top story wall I put a big row of those arched windows and it
    looks
    > like the ruddy Crystal Palace - before it burned down - and in the middle
    of
    > all this I thought 'what the hell am I doing all this for? Put the Sims
    in
    > and you never see the upper windows anyway.'
    >
    > I went back, with great relief to my 1930's middle-income semi detached .
    > Who wants a Municipal Public Baths, anyway? Not this cookie.
    >
    > Granny
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    news:SPednYPsRaxjR93fRVn-ig@comcast.com...
    > Swimming baths...............do them first by raising the ground where you
    > want them, adding the pool then building around it.
    > Oh and by the way, 16 clicks of the up terrain button equals the height of
    > a
    > wall.
    >

    Raising the ground.... Of course! Soon as you tell me, it seems so obvious.
    Thanks!

    Can you click with that amount of accuracy? I can't. Something always goes
    wrong.

    Granny.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    > Swimming baths...............do them first by raising the ground where you
    > want them, adding the pool then building around it.
    > Oh and by the way, 16 clicks of the up terrain button equals the height of a
    > wall.


    Consider Laying the foundation. Take away one of the walls. Lower the
    basement terrain one sqare in until you can fit a normal wall inside.
    Then put in the swimming pool. Then finish the inside wall to line the
    foundation. Put decorative porch on the foundation for impressive entry
    with or without columns. Build from there.

    -georg
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >news:CbX%d.3279$Ab.2190@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    >
    >>Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Another dim question from the keyboard of Granny.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>Just had a look at mine and the first one "Sims2 folder" is c:\program
    >>files\ea games\thesims2\ (the second one is Sims 2 University, but that
    >>one is greyed out) the third one, the savegame folder is C:\Documents and
    >>Settings\your name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 note the lowercase
    >>in the first and the uppercase in the second, I don't know if this makes a
    >>difference or not but I've typed it out exactly how it looks, if you have
    >>the Nvidia tools installed,(for Photoshop) that one reads Nvidia DDS Tool
    >>Folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Never mind; this might be essential reading for another baffled customer.
    >It is funny how something you type in all the time suddenly refuses to work.
    >
    >
    >
    >>Have you downloaded the latest SimPe http://sims.ambertation.de/ lol
    >>I just went to the site and found that it's been updated HUGELY,
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Not again!!!! I hate the sound of the 'hugely'. It was quite huge enough
    >last time I downloaded.
    >
    > so
    >
    >
    >>I will d/load that one, you always need the latest SimPe, and it's always
    >>being updated, if you just want to recolour Maxis objects have you tried
    >>using the Wizards of Simpe, its located in C:\Program Files\SimPe open
    >>that folder and you'll find a button with Wizards of SimPe, right click
    >>that and send to desktop, it's a lot quicker than using Object Workshop,
    >>(bear in mind the object needs to have recolours already, I think there's
    >>a way to do them without but you'd have to look for a tutorial for that,
    >>there's probably one at MTS2.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Ho? I will check this out. The stone/brick pediments weren't there. 8(
    >As it is I am having horrible problems trying to get the roof to stay on the
    >top layer of my Victorian swimming baths.
    >Trouble is. Victorian = steps to go up to the main door. You need them. It
    >looks right.
    >Swimming baths = back down to the terrain layer, so I have to have more
    >steps inside. Then I need a double window to give light on the water. And
    >another, one storey up, on the same wall = three stories of windows on one
    >wall.
    >Now enclose it all up, leaving a big space over the balconies and put one of
    >those slopy/flat-top roofs and... The flat part of the roof floats in the
    >air because of the damn pool!!!!
    >
    >And the top story wall I put a big row of those arched windows and it looks
    >like the ruddy Crystal Palace - before it burned down - and in the middle of
    >all this I thought 'what the hell am I doing all this for? Put the Sims in
    >and you never see the upper windows anyway.'
    >
    >I went back, with great relief to my 1930's middle-income semi detached .
    >Who wants a Municipal Public Baths, anyway? Not this cookie.
    >
    >Granny
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Build 'em a rectangle on the lawn, they don't appreciate stuff
    anyway, go round turning their noses up at posh statues and
    decorations,--- ingrates, and it's easier to manage lol, still I would
    like to see full length windows (plate glass) I *love* the full length
    mirror.

    ---Sandra
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:Olc0e.94731$vK5.66862@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    >> Swimming baths...............do them first by raising the ground where
    >> you
    >> want them, adding the pool then building around it.
    >> Oh and by the way, 16 clicks of the up terrain button equals the height
    >> of a
    >> wall.
    >
    >
    > Consider Laying the foundation. Take away one of the walls. Lower the
    > basement terrain one sqare in until you can fit a normal wall inside. Then
    > put in the swimming pool. Then finish the inside wall to line the
    > foundation. Put decorative porch on the foundation for impressive entry
    > with or without columns. Build from there.
    >
    > -georg

    I have changed my mind. I don;t want a rotten swimming pool and public
    baths. They can all smell and drown for all I care.

    I am going to do a corner shop instead. A SMALL one. 8(((((
    It won;t sell much but it will match the Ruptured Duck.

    Granny - sulking.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:lEf0e.3883
    >>I went back, with great relief to my 1930's middle-income semi detached .
    >>Who wants a Municipal Public Baths, anyway? Not this cookie.
    >>
    >>Granny
    >>
    > Build 'em a rectangle on the lawn, they don't appreciate stuff anyway,
    > go round turning their noses up at posh statues and decorations,---
    > ingrates, and it's easier to manage lol, still I would like to see full
    > length windows (plate glass)

    They are. They Are! I mean, you build a house that chimes perfectly with
    their nasty little personalities and fill it full of the toys for which they
    whine. Telescopes bristling off the roof. Bookcases lining walls. Baths,
    showers, microwaves, lazy chairs. statues, and then you realise you forgot
    the chairs round the dining table, so you put them in.
    let the buggers loose and what happens? Do they peer through a telescope or
    read a book? No. They walk round and round the table moaning at every,
    single, rotten chair. not once, but SIX times.


    I *love* the full length
    > mirror.
    >
    So does Mr Mephistopheles Jones. 8) They look very well lining the back of
    his bed and framed with red velvet curtains. He no longer misses the black
    ones.

    And the Vidcund and Lazio have a whole wall in their bathroom.
    The imagination boggles.
    Hmmm. Must try lining an entrance hall with them and see how it goes.
    Must get the black curtains back. A room lined with those and mirrors and a
    bubble pipe in the middle?
    party-time - oh, and a bed in the corner. Party time.

    Granny.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > I have changed my mind. I don;t want a rotten swimming pool and public
    > baths. They can all smell and drown for all I care.
    >
    > I am going to do a corner shop instead. A SMALL one. 8(((((
    > It won;t sell much but it will match the Ruptured Duck.
    >
    > Granny - sulking.
    >
    >

    The Ruptured Duck.

    Love that name.

    -georg
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    What you want Granny, is one for the ceiling.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:ZQf0e.3893$Ab.2698@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    >>
    >
    > I *love* the full length
    > > mirror.
    > >
    > So does Mr Mephistopheles Jones. 8) They look very well lining the back
    of
    > his bed and framed with red velvet curtains. He no longer misses the black
    > ones.
    >
    > And the Vidcund and Lazio have a whole wall in their bathroom.
    > The imagination boggles.
    > Hmmm. Must try lining an entrance hall with them and see how it goes.
    > Must get the black curtains back. A room lined with those and mirrors and
    a
    > bubble pipe in the middle?
    > party-time - oh, and a bed in the corner. Party time.
    >
    > Granny.
    >
    >
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:jRv0e.42264$3A6.38652@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
    > What you want Granny, is one for the ceiling.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    Not me! But some of my Sims would love a mirror up there, I have no doubt.

    I find it quite bad enough having a mirror in my bathroom, thanks; but.. as
    I take my glasses off when I shower I can't see the ravages of time, anyway,
    so who cares? 8)

    As I said elsewhere. 'Oh, Miss Jones! You do look beautiful without my
    glasses.'

    Granny
Ask a new question

Read More

Sims Video Games