Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ati crossfire vista ultimate looking for driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 22, 2009 4:23:20 AM

im running vista ultimate my cross fire dont work,,is there a special driver for this?????please reply
April 22, 2009 4:31:59 AM

Did you download the latest drivers from ati? How do you know it is not working? We need more information.
m
0
l
April 22, 2009 8:05:22 AM

yes running version 9.4 my system 3.16 ghz e 8500,,4 g ram,, 4870x2 graphics,,talked with dell, they said vista ultimate does not support cross-fire, this has been 1 month ago,,ive notice therres alot people out there having the same problem
m
0
l
Related resources
April 22, 2009 2:54:19 PM

im running 2. 4870 its not times 2,, how im checking it by futuremark 06...i was bench marking 17000 with win xp..also i was getting the enable or disable,, for the crossfire in my catalyst turn turn off cross fire or turn it on,,now if i benchmark it i get 13000 on 3d06..if you read this is all over internet about vista ulimate not working with cross fire
m
0
l
April 22, 2009 3:16:35 PM

I have 64bit Vista adn I am running HIS 4870 1gb and Sapphire 4870 1GB Vapor-x in crossfire using the Cat 9.4 driver.

My 3DMark 2k6 score is 18960. CPU is Phenom II X4 940 and RAM is 4GB 2x2 G.Skill @ 1066.

No problems so far with the drivers.

I've played Left4Dead, Crysis Warhead, Burnout, Fallout 3, ...
m
0
l
April 22, 2009 8:43:01 PM

Crossfire works fine with xp and vista home premium and vista. Only problems I have had with crossfire was windows 7. People are talking out thier arse if they are saying crossfire does nto work with vista ultimate. I am running one pc with vista ultimate 64 and 4870's in crossfire.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2009 8:49:12 PM

I baffles me how incompitent Dell support is.. Making crap up to try and get people to leave them alone...

Crossfire "should" work on a 4870 in ultimate (I had it for a while). That being said there are bad bioses on some cards that prevent anything newer than 8.10 drivers running crossfire. If this is the case you have to update the bios, contact the board manufacturer for help on this. If you are getting a code 43 error on one of them there is a hotfix for them.
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 5:55:54 AM

chef7734 said:
Crossfire works fine with xp and vista home premium and vista. Only problems I have had with crossfire was windows 7. People are talking out thier arse if they are saying crossfire does nto work with vista ultimate. I am running one pc with vista ultimate 64 and 4870's in crossfire.

and you are correct cross fire does work on vista home no problem,,it does not work on vista ultimate ..i talked to computer geeks and they confirm it,vista ultimate dont not work in cross fire mode
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 5:56:51 AM

daedalus685 said:
I baffles me how incompitent Dell support is.. Making crap up to try and get people to leave them alone...

Crossfire "should" work on a 4870 in ultimate (I had it for a while). That being said there are bad bioses on some cards that prevent anything newer than 8.10 drivers running crossfire. If this is the case you have to update the bios, contact the board manufacturer for help on this. If you are getting a code 43 error on one of them there is a hotfix for them.

bios is up to date and you are correct cross fire does work on vista home no problem,,it,,,,,, does not work on vista ultimate ..i talked to computer geeks and they confirm it,vista ultimate dont not work in cross fire mode
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 6:00:36 AM

i change os to vista home and guess what cross-fire works no problem,,,but it does not work with vista ultimate ..ive ask for a driver thru ati support and they confirmed that it doesnt,,they are working on the problem
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 6:44:05 AM

So you are saying my computer and everyone else computer that has vista ultimate and crossfire is not working? Amd all the review sites that use vista ultimate 64.That is a bunch of bs
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 1:31:49 PM

Lol:)  yeah buddy, you must be either using 32bit drivers or something is not installed correctly. Crossfire is working all fine here. I tried disabling crossfire and my frame rate dropped from 20 - 50%, depending on game...
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 3:11:00 PM

Quote:
I would also like to know what is so different between the ultimate edition and other editions that would cause it to stop working.



Nothing really that will affect hardware compatibility, there is only a difference if you are using 32bit or 64bit version. Other drivers will have to be used.... Other than that it's mostly user error :) 
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 4:03:10 PM

Quote:
I would also like to know what is so different between the ultimate edition and other editions that would cause it to stop working.


A few strings changed from "Ultimate Edition" to "<insert other edition here> Edition" and missing some random, mostly unnecessary Windows features. Crossfire, however, is not of those features.
m
0
l
April 23, 2009 4:05:07 PM

my problem is fix,,there is problem with 9.4 driver vista ulimate..new driver to fix it is Driver Packaging Version 8.522.1.1-080828a-071944
m
0
l
April 30, 2009 4:58:14 AM

i have no idea, i guess theres a driver out there ati isnt aware of, if anybody having problem with crossfire they need to download the 8.5 verison, remove it and install 9.4. that will give you crossfire you will beable to turn cross fire on or off
m
0
l
!