Sign in with
Your question

GigaByte GA K8NF 9 Audio driver problem

Last response: in Windows XP
August 31, 2011 11:08:44 PM

Hello,
I have no sound coming from my speakers, I have done all the hardware checks, plugged in turned on ect.
I have also done some software checks, including checking my system for soundcard drivers, but I seem to have a problem with my "Multimedia Audio Controller" driver on the device manager. I think the problem is that I dont have the correct driver for my sound card (which i think is attached to my motherboard seeing as I ran everest home edition and it couldnt fine anything to do with a seperate sound card.
My Mb is a GigaByte GA K8NF 9, and I seem to have been having problems finding the correct driver for it.

I hope you can help me solve my problem and thank you in advance.

M
August 31, 2011 11:48:36 PM

Thankyou Badge for your quick reply!

I checked out the site and downloaded both audio drivers available for my Mb spec. These have downloaded and extracted, but then went into a folder. I checked the folder out and there was no executable file. I then went into the device manager and tried updating my drivers from there, but the wizard says theres no software available.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

M
a b \ Driver
September 1, 2011 12:33:28 AM

In Device manager, under sound devices, what is listed something like AC7 or Realtek?
!