Fastest CPU for MSI PM8M2-V motherboard

nyle7220

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Hi, I have been reading articles and threads on this site for months and have now finally joined.
Anyway here's my question: What is the fastest CPU that is compatible with the MSI PM8M2-V (MS7071) motherboard? As I'm thinking of upgrading our family PC a bit. Also what is the best DDR400 RAM that you can get? Thanks.

Mondoman

Splendid
As long as the RAM runs without errors, it won't make a noticeable speed difference.

The MSI web site should list a CPU compatibility list for the MB, so you can choose the fastest from that.

nyle7220

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Hi, thanks for the answer. I've been on the website but I'm still a bit confused. There is a P4 Extreme Edition at 3.4Ghz (fastest Extreme edition that my board supports) and an ordinary P4 at 3.8Ghz. I thought Extreme Editions were meant to be faster??

nyle7220

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009

Hi, thanks for the answer. I've been on the website but I'm still a bit confused. There is a P4 Extreme Edition at 3.4Ghz (fastest Extreme edition that my board supports) and an ordinary P4 at 3.8Ghz. I thought Extreme Editions were meant to be faster??