Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Rad placement

Last response: in Overclocking
December 8, 2010 10:51:24 PM

Hello toms I need help with the bottom rad placement for my 800d. Is it better to lay it flat with a 120 pulling air from bottom or on it's side fittings facing front with fans on back? I have a 240 and want to know which would be more efficient?

Second on the EK advanced 250 are the tubes or the anti cyclone better? If tubes are I am guessing the shorter tube feeds the pump and the longer feeds from the loop.

Thanks

More about : rad placement

a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2010 2:27:30 AM

Hey budy..long time no see ;) I was going to ask if you thinking about new res(didn't want to mention after all the lettuce you have been spending),nice RES.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...
and the 240..I have seen them flat or on the side whatever gives you better performance I guess I would lay it flat are you going with mcp655?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit;
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-383110984...
m
l
December 9, 2010 3:08:23 AM

ortoklaz said:
Hey budy..long time no see ;) I was going to ask if you thinking about new res(didn't want to mention after all the lettuce you have been spending),nice RES.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...
and the 240..I have seen them flat or on the side whatever gives you better performance I guess I would lay it flat are you going with mcp655?
]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8818/800d.jpg

edit;
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-383110984...

Thanks for the indo as usual!! :D  looks like I an going to side mount with a push /pull fans. Got a new mobo too and cpu so will have it posted over the weekend...
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2010 3:43:19 AM

you don't need push/ pull on this rad, 1000~1400rpm in pull is all you need for XSPC RX
m
l
December 9, 2010 4:35:31 AM

ortoklaz said:
you don't need push/ pull on this rad, 1000~1400rpm in pull is all you need for XSPC RX

Great even better. Starting as soon as I wake up tomorrow ( it's 1030 pm here too late to drill and cut laugh
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
December 9, 2010 1:15:11 PM

I'd mount it as shown in the photo above...running in pull.
m
l
December 10, 2010 8:19:41 AM

rubix_1011 said:
I'd mount it as shown in the photo above...running in pull.

Thanks rubix That's exactly what I did
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
December 10, 2010 1:09:34 PM

If you have to only run 1 set of fans on a rad, typically pull is your best bet...you'll get the most of the airflow from the fans that way with mid to low range fans.
m
l
December 11, 2010 1:56:31 AM

ortoklaz said:

hey got a bit of distilled water in my gpu. It got between card and waterblock. I was able to dry it out with a fan running in the case (house fan) and compressed air. How long shpold i wait to turn on?? My connection between the 2 gpus leaked, but its ok now I have loop filled but not running.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 2:03:06 AM

Completely turn of your PC (including the PSU), wipe it all down, and wait at least 24 hours until you turn it on,use hair dryer
m
l
December 11, 2010 2:20:53 AM

ortoklaz said:
Completely turn of your PC (including the PSU), wipe it all down, and wait at least 24 hours until you turn it on,use hair dryer

Got it thanks again!!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 3:55:17 AM

miwanuma said:
Got it thanks again!!

why you so stingy a little sneak pic would be nice :( 
m
l
December 11, 2010 7:55:18 AM

ortoklaz said:
why you so stingy a little sneak pic would be nice :( 

Bad picture it is late at night.

m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 1:20:48 PM

Now that looks like it's not your first rodeo ;)  what size is the tubing?..looks smaller or this case makes it look that way,what are those RAM heatsinks ?
Very nice buddy !
P.S that cathode light got to go
m
l
December 11, 2010 5:12:02 PM

ortoklaz said:
Now that looks like it's not your first rodeo ;)  what size is the tubing?..looks smaller or this case makes it look that way,what are those RAM heatsinks ?
Very nice buddy !

the Thanks I am very happy with the result, It's 1/2"x3/4" red uv tubing. The ram heatsinks come with the ram. It's G Skill ripjaws I could not have done this without your guys help!!! Have to work on the overclock, will get pics and system specs posted tonight or tomorrow
m
l
December 11, 2010 8:40:43 PM

ortoklaz said:
Very nice buddy !

I am having a issue with the middle fan on the top (i have it set as rad,shroud inside and fans in top outside the middle fan is making noise) I have tried 2 sets of fans completely changed out and same issue... I think its being pinched. any ideas? Should I take the shroud off and move the fan inside case??
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 8:47:48 PM

miwanuma said:
I am having a issue with the middle fan on the top (i have it set as rad,shroud inside and fans in top outside the middle fan is making noise) I have tried 2 sets of fans completely changed out and same issue... I think its being pinched. any ideas? Should I take the shroud off and move the fan inside case??

You have to put your camera to use one picture is worth more then 100 words
m
l
December 11, 2010 9:07:25 PM

ortoklaz said:
You have to put your camera to use one picture is worth more then 100 words

Fan on case

Shroud inside case

I think the shroud may be making the fans pinch
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 9:26:49 PM

are this screws also holding the RAD ?

m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2010 9:33:54 PM

loosen the screw and see if it makes the difference
Edit; I would flip that white fan and make it an intake for your 360 :sol: 
December 12, 2010 4:27:03 AM

ortoklaz said:
loosen the screw and see if it makes the difference
Edit; I would flip that white fan and make it an intake for your 360 :sol: 

Will do that!!! I also added a fill port on the top on this rig and a drain as you can see. Will start a new thread close this one.
m
l
December 12, 2010 4:28:25 AM

Best answer selected by miwanuma.
m
l
!