Sign in with
Your question

What kind/How much memory can i install?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 17, 2009 2:48:42 AM

Before you ask, my Mobo did not come with a manual as my rig was bought retail and i guess it was just not included in the package. And secondly ive swearcher everywhere but i cant find my Mobo anywhere on any site, not even the manufacturers.

My mobo is apparently an Manufacturer: ECS/Model: Nettle3, 2.1 (According to CPU-Z)

If you need the specifics on the memory already installed on my computer id be more than glad to tell you. Im just looking to upgrade my memory to some DDR3 perhaps and get myself an extra 1GB.

So my question being i guess is... Are there any programs or websites that can help me determine:
What kind of memory can be installed on my computer?
and How much of it Can i install?
and if you manage to find the specifics on my particular mobo online somehow that would be kool too :) 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you one again TomsHardware Forum :D 

More about : kind memory install

September 17, 2009 3:15:50 AM

unclefester said:
Is this your board? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=e...

If so you will not be able to use DDR3 memory.

Unfortunetly yes, i believe that Is my board... as crappy as it is... but oh well. from the looks of this document i think it may be better to just wait till i make a new comp with a better mobo...

I only have 3GB of DDR2 400MHz memory... you think that will be enough for gaming? (games such as WoW, The Witcher, Lineage 2, Fallout 3)
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2009 5:06:40 AM

Boy it's marginal, I just don't know enough about onboard graphics performance. Do you happen to know which CPU your running? You may want to download a trial version of Everest Lavalys, it will give you a list of system specs.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/329/mirrors.php (this is not the latest addition but it's a safe site)

PS: adding more memory will do very little for game play
m
l
September 17, 2009 9:15:21 PM

unclefester said:
Boy it's marginal, I just don't know enough about onboard graphics performance. Do you happen to know which CPU your running? You may want to download a trial version of Everest Lavalys, it will give you a list of system specs.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/329/mirrors.php (this is not the latest addition but it's a safe site)

PS: adding more memory will do very little for game play

AMD Phenom 9500 quad @ 2.21gh
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
a c 128 } Memory
September 17, 2009 11:31:18 PM

For gaming, you can get a pretty good video card for $64.99 at newegg (with email promo code). It comes with the 4670 ati chipset and is made by HIS. The kicker is that it works well with some 300w power supplies.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2009 3:42:11 AM

o1die, made a pretty good suggestion for being able to play those games. Should get in the mid settings anyways.

Unfortunately this is 1 of those times that having a dual core may have made it more beneficial for gaming, with higher MHz on the CPU.
m
l
!