Sign in with
Your question

3 monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 22, 2009 6:56:08 AM

can i use 3 monitors if i use 2 in NVIDA Geforce 9500GT and the 3rd in USB 2.0 graphics card extend? when i tried it computer wouldnt load uo and it told me plug monitor cable into integrated video connector. I have a pentium 4 CPU 3 GHz 2G ram computer

More about : monitors

a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2009 7:26:55 AM

You'll need a 2nd graphics card for a 3rd (and/or 4th) monitor, or a dual-GPU card w/ quad-display, to run more than 2 monitors. That is, unless your motherboard happens to have on-board video. In which case, you could use it to output to a 3rd monitor.

I should also add, I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about in reference to that USB graphics card extend... Can you provide a link to it or it's product information?
April 22, 2009 7:58:51 AM

RazberyBandit said:
You'll need a 2nd graphics card for a 3rd (and/or 4th) monitor, or a dual-GPU card w/ quad-display, to run more than 2 monitors. That is, unless your motherboard happens to have on-board video. In which case, you could use it to output to a 3rd monitor.

I should also add, I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about in reference to that USB graphics card extend... Can you provide a link to it or it's product information?

Google maybe?

Well the simple thing to ask would be does the op know if his psu can handle it? wouldn't the draw of sli'd cards even those cheap ones kill any normal 300-350w psu...his wattage may even be lower considering it is a p4 :heink: 
April 22, 2009 8:03:35 AM

you can run three monitors with

2 graphics cards

or 1 graphics card and usb gpu

or quad head gpu
!