Computer keeps bsoding after overclocking

mindlogiczero

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
ok, so my computer keeps bsoding after trying to overclock.

it all started once i attempted overclocking to 3.6, 3.8 and 4ghz.
posted the bsods in forums before and they said it was video card bsods. and it was either videocard or power supply. seeing how it happened to two different gpu's i rma'd the psu for a brand new one and it worked perfect no more bsods.

so i figured first psu was a dud so last night i reattempted overclocking, now it started randomly bsoding again with same error. as before which was the gpu one.

my specs are,
i7 860 cpu
msi gd80 motherboard
2x2gb sticks of g.skill eco series ram
1tb os hd
4850 ati gpu
850hx corsair psu

max vcore ever used was 1.34vcore, and 1.3vtt. computer only oc's to 4ghz with 1.25-1.3vtt with hyperthreading off.

any idea what is happening? i dont see how a overclock can do this to a powersupply, specially such a decent psu, but computer ran weeks with the new psu without bsods untill i overclocked last night.

ive unplugged psu for about a hour, and cleared cmos, im running bios at stock settings.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3726/minidum.png

the bsod highlighted was last one i recieved from old psu, new psu was installed next day and you can see no bsods untill the 9th of december which is when i overclocked. the "hall.dll" bsods are just failed overclockers, ones above are the problems im experiencing on stock settings.