P5W DH Deluxe and 5 NON raid disks

rmenghe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hello, I'm a multiboot OS system based on P5W DH deluxe with 3 sata HD connected to sata1,sata3,sata4 connector, all without raid, the system doesn't have any problem. I'd like to insert 2 more sata without raid=

5 sata NO raid disks

I'd tried that but just the 3 old sata disks can be saw.

There's BIOS setting problem?
thanks
roberto

rmenghe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

But all are sata disk, why I need driver for that? Welll, may be I was not so clear and I didn't submit all information. The drive have been connected to the sata_raid1 connector and at the bootup show me the old disk as sata disk and the new one as IDE disk. The XP and ideneb(just installed to test it) don't see the new disk and I don't know why!

My point of view is: BIOS setting but I'm a rookie on HW setting. Any suggestions?

rmenghe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

But all are sata disk, why I need driver for that? Welll, may be I was not so clear and I didn't submit all information. The drive have been connected to the sata_raid1 connector and at the bootup show me the old disk as sata disk and the new one as IDE disk. The XP and ideneb(just installed to test it) don't see the new disk and I don't know why!

My point of view is: BIOS setting but I'm a rookie on HW setting. Any suggestions?