slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
i just got this board in and iv never had so much trouble matchin the cables to the board lol... my case(nzxt nemesis) has sensors but there are way more cables then plugs... idk what to do lol, for example there are 2 hdd led cables..i might be over looking something but iv read both manuals but didnt really help much.. i guess im asking anyone who knows or has this mobo, is there suppose to be extra cables?

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
well its not the board my friend, i know there are extra cables, it was more of the case that was the issue settings up its lcd screen. I figured it out though so im good now and no im not a nooby btw thx :)

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hummm ... too many cables and too few ports ?! I just assembled msi-790.gd70/AMD_965 kit and CANNOT find a header for the front_case <power-ON> light. Yeah yeah there's that 9-pin MESS ... case power turns ON and the HDD light flickers OKey, but the poer-ON LIGHT stays unlit.

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
for my case i had to plug its led cables and all that, my case had 9 wires for Led's alone, into the mobo's and psu wire hook up by way of adapters that came with my case, reason it to took so long to figure it out

DZeroENT

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009

Uhm... not to be "That Guy" but are the LED pins properly installed? Have you seen the LEDs work b4? You could also connect it w/o the header, but according to what goes where on it.