Windows 7 only sees one core in celeron m 530?

mikeuvu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I just bought an AOpen miniPC that came with an Intel Celeron M 530, I installed Windows 7 RC x86 on the machine. However when I look at system resources I only see on core being reconized. I have the latest BIOS for my model. Any help? Thanks.

mikeuvu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I can't seem to click on the link you provided. However Tom's Hardware says the 530 is a dual core.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-dual-core-celeron-m,3495.html

I read Intel's site yesterday and they seem to address the celerons as dual core processors. Where am I getting confused? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry I cut and pasted your link and got to the site. I see what you are talking about. I guess my question is then, how can I maximize the performance of this cpu and why the conflicting TH new article? Thanks.

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
link to the article?

you can't really do anything to add performance of that CPU since it's a mobile processor. you could exchange the HDD for a nice fast SSD though which would help with loading times.

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
^ no, unless you have more than 4GB of ram total.

and I guess the tom's article was incorrect about them being dual cores because everything on intel's site says they are single cores.

edit: infact, I have one of the 530's in an old laptop so I know it's a single core first hand.

mikeuvu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
It was a bundle deal that cost practically nothing, just trying to optimize as much as possible. That article from Tom's was misleading, oh well. Anyone know of a good, cheap replacement processor? The motherboard takes memron processors.