They won't move out!

Anyone else having this problem? My Sims won't find their own place. I
tell them to with the computer or paper, they look, but the "Who do you
want to move with you" box doesn't show up.
Weird.
It used to work.

--
Ruhiel
Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete

"Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Anyone else having this problem? My Sims won't find their own place. I
> tell them to with the computer or paper, they look, but the "Who do you
> want to move with you" box doesn't show up.
> Weird.
> It used to work.

I had that problem once but it went away the next time I loaded the game.
Don't know what caused it or what fixed it. That's so helpful to you, isn't
it ;)

Ruhiel wrote:
> Anyone else having this problem? My Sims won't find their own place. I
> tell them to with the computer or paper, they look, but the "Who do you
> want to move with you" box doesn't show up.
> Weird.
> It used to work.

It happened to me once. I just closed the game and reloaded it. Worked
then.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> It happened to me once. I just closed the game and reloaded it. Worked
> then.

It's ongoing. As in going on a month now and still doing it :)

--

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> It happened to me once. I just closed the game and reloaded it. Worked
>> then.
>>

> It's ongoing. As in going on a month now and still doing it :)

Have you had deaths in your family? You probably have the elder or undead
bug.

One of the first signs is not being able to move out. I have it too since
December. When elders die they still remain on the family list and are
counted as family members. I don't use hacks. I have read about this on a
few forums including TSR. There is a fix at modsims if you want to use hacks
but I don't want to use hacks. I hope Uni would fix it but it didn't it
happened sooner.
It can be fixed temporarily until an elder Sims dies again.
Sometimes before the patch when an elder died my game would no longer save
and build and buy were disabled. The patch fixed that problem but now the
dead remain listed as family members.

I first noticed this when I could not give birth. Three dead Sims were still
listed as family members in the move out menu.

The temporary solution is to have a friend ask a member of the family to
move in with them. Then have the family member find their own place and ask
a member of their original family and the dead Sim to move in with them. One
of the family members can then ask the two Sims sans the dead guy to move
back into the original home. This will fix it until another elder dies.

Finally move the dead guy to the family bin and delete.

Turbocane wrote:

> Have you had deaths in your family?

No deaths in the family, but when I looked at the family in SimPE, there
was an Unknown sim. I removed it, and bam, it works again :) I still
have the weird faceless person on the load screen, but my other sims can
move now ;)

--
Ruhiel
I'm on a low-fat, high stress diet .... coffee and fingernails.