Direct tv local channels question

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 10, 2004 3:31:04 AM

I just placed an order for Direct tv to update my equipment so I can recieve
local channels. Currently I'm receiving the east and west coast feeds of
fox via a waiver from the local fox affiliate. My question is, once I start
getting the local stations on the satellite will I lose those fox feeds?
Since I'll be paying for my own local channels anyway I'd love to be able to
purchase the network stations directv offers also since that west coast feed
comes in handy if you miss a program. Does anyone know if they let you do
that or if they limit you to your own local channels?
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 9:31:40 PM

I think you will lose the feeds. However I can effectively do the same
thing with my Directv TIVO DVR. Costs $5.00/month extra.
"Shelly" <bbwshelly@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I just placed an order for Direct tv to update my equipment so I can
recieve
> local channels. Currently I'm receiving the east and west coast feeds of
> fox via a waiver from the local fox affiliate. My question is, once I
start
> getting the local stations on the satellite will I lose those fox feeds?
> Since I'll be paying for my own local channels anyway I'd love to be able
> purchase the network stations directv offers also since that west coast
feed
> comes in handy if you miss a program. Does anyone know if they let you do
> that or if they limit you to your own local channels?

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:23:58 PM

| Shelly wrote:
|I just placed an order for Direct tv to update my equipment so I can recieve
| local channels. Currently I'm receiving the east and west coast feeds of
| fox via a waiver from the local fox affiliate. My question is, once I start
| getting the local stations on the satellite will I lose those fox feeds?
| Since I'll be paying for my own local channels anyway I'd love to be able to
| purchase the network stations directv offers also since that west coast feed
| comes in handy if you miss a program. Does anyone know if they let you do
| that or if they limit you to your own local channels?

Yes, you can keep the national feeds. If you ever drop them, you can never
get them back. ________________________________________________Gerard S.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:36:56 PM

"gerard46" <gerard46@rtt.net> wrote in message
> | Shelly wrote:
> |I just placed an order for Direct tv to update my equipment so I can
recieve
> | local channels. Currently I'm receiving the east and west coast feeds
of
> | fox via a waiver from the local fox affiliate. My question is, once I
start
> | getting the local stations on the satellite will I lose those fox feeds?
> | Since I'll be paying for my own local channels anyway I'd love to be
able to
> | purchase the network stations directv offers also since that west coast
feed
> | comes in handy if you miss a program. Does anyone know if they let you
do
> | that or if they limit you to your own local channels?
>
> Yes, you can keep the national feeds. If you ever drop them, you can
never
> get them back. ________________________________________________Gerard S.

My question was answered when they set it up yesterday. They came and
installed my new second dish, switched out my receivers and called in to let
them know it was set up and to activate my local channels. I was only
receiving the national fox feeds prior to this via a local fox waiver. When
the locals came on I lost my west coast fox feed. I wish they would change
these rules. It was nice having a choice of the two fox stations for sunday
football games and for occasions when conflicting programs were on and one
could be watched on the west coast fox instead of the east coast.

shelly
!