kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I got everything hooked up. My mobo is a asus p6t deluxe v2. The problem is it doesn't reconize the fan. It comes up with a cpu error fan message. The fan is on, and does seem to cool. Although I'm wondering if maybe that's whats causing my temps to be somewhat warm or if their normal.

After prime 95 running the maxium heat/power..etc test.. It's only overclocked to 3.4 with voltage set at 1.25.

Core 1: 75c

Core 2: 73c

Core 3: 70c

Core 4: 69c

Or maybe it's simply I applied the past wrong. Cause their does seem to be quite a degree of difference between core 1 to 4. Do you guys think it would be worth totally removing my mobo and reapplying paste *not to mention having to clean it off*. Or is that all in the range of average.

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
The temps are still is range, when they get over 80 then you should start to worry... The core temps are usualy higher than ambient cpu temp. Just curious, what program did you use to read the Temps?

dhicks2008

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hi there, The V10 is a very exspensive cooler and I did expect it to be the best however, looking at reviews comparing it to others it is like 4th or 5th best cooler for the 1366. I have no idea about the fan, make sure its on the correct fan header, the cpu one it should say cpu fan on motherboard next to the connector. I bought an asus triton 51 air cooler, was supposed to be good, my temps were likes yours but sometimes reaching 85 on max core load. Solved this buy sending it back for a refund and getting the Corsair H50 Cpu water cooler. On full load i never go over 63 degrees and my I7 920 is overclocked to 4ghz 1.35v. These chips do run very hot but aslong as you dont go over 80, It will be ok , if you have the money, invest in a better cooler.

Thanks

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I think KingNoobe's problem is that he was expecting better performance out of his ~$150 cooler. Even still... his temps do sound high given his mild overclock.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
That's the problem hundred I dont even know where to start to see why it's causing the fan not to show up *but still work, wither at 100% or not is a different story*, and yes it's plugged into cpu fan header that's the first thing I checked.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Okay. Unless your motherboard is defective, it should detect something is plugged into a header (CPU, CASE, AUX, etc) and read the fan speed.
So what are the RPMs? What setting are you using in the BIOS for a CPU fan profile?

I want to believe you should be at lower temps. What are the ambient temps in your room?

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I am thinking maybe your case airflow might be low for some reason or as mentioned a high ambient temp ...?

Part of the reason for the different core temps is partly down to the the matching of the surfaces of CPU to the bottom of your heatsink not being perfect - some people go the the effort of checking both surfaces and if necessay lapping them
Essentially the process of lvling the surfaces with a very fine grit paper in stages to an acceptable finish

Doing this sometimes lvls up the core temps, and in some cases can drop them by as much as 6 - 10c
But is a Lot of effort and you can say bye to your warranty...