Sign in with
Your question

HELP need LG Blu Ray Player Drivers

Last response: in Storage
October 29, 2010 4:58:02 PM

I bought

LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM

from newegg. For some reason it didnt have a driver disc to go with it. They told me sometimes it doies and sometimes it doesnt. And then told me to go to find them or ask the manufacturer.

I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. The drive plays regular disks but not blu ray for some reason. And I was under the impression this was supposed to come with software for me to watch bluray's and burn them as well. As is I can only play regular disks.

Can anyone help me please.

Also what does OEM mean?

More about : blu ray player drivers

November 19, 2010 6:35:07 PM

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (such as Dell, HP, Falcon Northwest, etc). OEM products are not intended for retail sale, so they tend to come without any accessories or software. If you happen to get cables, driver CD's, or software with an OEM product, consider yourself lucky.

Blu-Ray playback requires compatible software (such as CyberLink's PowerDVD), so if you want to watch Blu-Ray movies, you will have to purchase the software. IIRC, there are no free programs that play Blu-Ray movies.
m
l
January 19, 2011 7:00:17 AM

chrisfabry said:
I bought

LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM

from newegg. For some reason it didnt have a driver disc to go with it. They told me sometimes it doies and sometimes it doesnt. And then told me to go to find them or ask the manufacturer.

I have looked everywhere and have found nothing. The drive plays regular disks but not blu ray for some reason. And I was under the impression this was supposed to come with software for me to watch bluray's and burn them as well. As is I can only play regular disks.

Can anyone help me please.

Also what does OEM mean?

Man, if you find your answer, PLEASE post it. Your problem is the same as mine. Thanx
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2011 7:08:23 AM

Did you find the drivers? I'm still hunting for them.
m
l
October 18, 2012 4:32:09 AM

asgallant said:
OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (such as Dell, HP, Falcon Northwest, etc). OEM products are not intended for retail sale, so they tend to come without any accessories or software. If you happen to get cables, driver CD's, or software with an OEM product, consider yourself lucky.

Blu-Ray playback requires compatible software (such as CyberLink's PowerDVD), so if you want to watch Blu-Ray movies, you will have to purchase the software. IIRC, there are no free programs that play Blu-Ray movies.

Hit the nail on the head,there are generally no drivers power dvd is the way to go
m
l
October 23, 2012 2:37:53 AM

Sorry to hear that you got no disc or cables, etc--
I bought a BH14NS40 (Super Multi Blue) HD, 14x, BD XL--specifically because the reviews said it HAD all the stuff--especially the software to play the discs. The reviews on some other LG drives did say that there is no software. The software that comes with this product works fine, though the burning part of it is a bit complex and I opted to use DVDFab instead. With CyberLink's PowerDVD--it performs perfectly. I might suggest taking it back and getting a unit WITH the software and cables--it'll be cheaper than trying to get software, and as with mine--you'll get 14x write speed.
Also, I immediately looked for firmware updates at LG. None exist--as a matter of fact--you can't FIND this model # listed! Wrote to LG, asking where it is, responded:

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Thank you for inquiring of LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.
I understand your concern, and we would be glad to be of help; unfortunately this device is not a US product, we handle no information about it, and that is why it is not available for selection. I could notice it is produced for Australia and New Zealand. In case you did not order it there, contact your seller.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience.

*asked if I can just use the Aus. site for updates*

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. We are always glad to assist you.
The link you provided in your email is a Australian link not a US, you can't use any update in that link as that may damage it.
In US we don't have any current update for that unit, in case there is one in the future it will be at:
http://www.lg.com/us/data-storage/lg-BH14NS40 (shows the many places it IS available in the US)

This made me wonder what's up, since the drive only shows up in the window if there's a disk in it, and I WAS getting this error:
"The specified path does not exist. Check the path and then try again." Still haven't found how to fix that...
m
l
!