Home Invasion! (and other assorted birthday issues)

Well, a bit more mild than a HOME INVASION. No Sims were hurt in this
minor break and enter.

Anna Vangelis, having just woken up, is feeding baby David. Paul has
just staggered into bed, having just been on the phone to Cass & Don
Goth's son Hector (don't know why Hector called, I don't think Paul or
Anna had met him - then again Anna is friends with Cassandra so who
knows?).

There are dirty, half eaten plates of spaghetti on the table, when in
strolls Don Goth, who parks himself down to eat some of this
contaminated, fly infested 'sketti'.

Anyway, out of curiosity, Anna puts David back in his cot and goes out
to talk to Don. They don't seem to get on too well, so Anna cleans up
the buzzing plates and serves up some chilli con carne (yay for
knowledge sims who want nothing more than to reach the next cooking
level). Don sits his fat arse back down again and hoes into the
chilli, and as soon as he's finished eating, he gets up, and without
another word, walks out and off the lot.

This all begs the question - What in holy heck was Don thinking to just
wander in in the middle of the night?

Anyway, in other Vangelis related news, baby David grew up from baby to
toddler in this same sitting. Paul invited son Peter (and Peter's
fiancee Katrina Pips) over from college for a small birthday party for
David. The party was progressing steadily through the levels of
Snoozer, Not Bad, Good Time, when suddenly with 38mins to go, the level
dropped to Real Dud. Nothing terrible had happened that I could see
(although Katrina had been subjecting everyone to her atrocious 'rock'
playing on the piano the entire time she'd been there). David was
being snuggled by his big brother Peter, Anna was eating, and Paul was
on the toilet.

Now this was puzzling, but what made it more puzzling is that this
isn't the first time it's happened. In fact, back at the Pips house, a
birthday party was arranged for Mark Pip's transition from toddler to
child. Daddy George invited Katrina and Peter, other daughter Bree
(all three from college) and best friend Darren Dreamer, who brought
Nina Caliente along for the party (I think he brought her, I certainly
didn't invite her - maybe it was another HOME INVASION). At the 38min
mark, the level dropped from Good Time to Disaster. Now this one I'd
put down to Nina constantly pranking everyone in the house, pissing
everyone off and generally upsetting people. But now I'm not so
sure...

And now for something completely different, I just started playing the
Burb family (John, Jennifer and Lucy). The day Lucy was due to grow
into a teenager, she came home from school and brought Mark Pips with
her. She then invited friend Emmy Pips (final adopted kid for George
and Joyce) over (not an actual party). Emmy arrived and hovered around
the front door, so I kept telling Lucy to go greet her. She'd walk up
to her, then the action would disappear, so I'd tell her again, and the
two did this strange sort of dance around eachother without actually
speaking, until Emmy got fed up at not being greeted and went home.
Lucy and Emmy are no longer friends. So poor Lucy only had her parents
and some kid she didn't really know too well to watch her blow out the
candles.

Poor kid. And more importantly, poor me for not having a single
successful party since University. :-(

~*~
vecki

ali

vecki wrote:
> [...]
>
> And now for something completely different, I just started playing the
> Burb family (John, Jennifer and Lucy). The day Lucy was due to grow
> into a teenager, she came home from school and brought Mark Pips with
> her. She then invited friend Emmy Pips (final adopted kid for George
> and Joyce) over (not an actual party). Emmy arrived and hovered around
> the front door, so I kept telling Lucy to go greet her. She'd walk up
> to her, then the action would disappear, so I'd tell her again, and the
> two did this strange sort of dance around eachother without actually
> speaking, until Emmy got fed up at not being greeted and went home.
> Lucy and Emmy are no longer friends. So poor Lucy only had her parents
> and some kid she didn't really know too well to watch her blow out the
> candles.
>
> Poor kid. And more importantly, poor me for not having a single

I recently had the same problem, in the Burb family as well. In my game
Jennifer and John have another girl named Anna. When Anna grew from a
toddler to a child they threw her a party. Everything was going great,
The Pleasant family came and everyone was getting along and having a
great time. The party score read Good Time up until the last 30 minutes
of the party and then it read Real Dud(sound familiar?). The adults
were in the hot tub, and the kids were dancing to music. I could find
no reason for the party to tank like that. Very frustrating.

Ali

ali wrote:

> I recently had the same problem, in the Burb family as well. In my game
> Jennifer and John have another girl named Anna. When Anna grew from a
> toddler to a child they threw her a party. Everything was going great,
> The Pleasant family came and everyone was getting along and having a
> great time. The party score read Good Time up until the last 30 minutes
> of the party and then it read Real Dud(sound familiar?). The adults
> were in the hot tub, and the kids were dancing to music. I could find
> no reason for the party to tank like that. Very frustrating.

My party went the same way.

No invaders though.

-georg