Sign in with
Your question

Blu ray drive for 3D movies?

Last response: in Storage
October 29, 2010 5:14:13 PM

so i have all the parts for 3D gaming and 3D movies, the only thing im missing is the Blu ray drive on my pc, what type of blu ray do i need? i check on ebay,newegg, tigerdirect etc but there is some that are $50 and others up to $200??! which one is the one for 3D movies?! and would it hook up to the motherboard just like a regular dvd drive or do i need a supported mobo? or what about if i use my PS3? i have a DVI to HDMI cable would it work or it has to be DVI to DVI? thanks

More about : blu ray drive movies

November 21, 2010 10:22:02 PM

Firstly after only 2 weeks, the prices have dropped significantly! For example, BD-R burners with 3D playback support are below $150. --

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

So why not get a burner for the price of BD playback (reader) only?

To answer your specific questions:
To be certain you will have game and movie support, look for the Blu-ray players and writers that specify "3D Playback" like the Lite-On and the Plexstor, to name just two.

Next, make sure the connection matches what you already have...typically (99.9%) will be a SATA drive.

Lastly, make sure you have a software viewer/player (Like CyberLink 10) that supports 3D movies as well as the shutter-lens glasses and the monitor with correct refresh....you were a bit vague when you said you have 'all the parts' so I wanted to double-check that you have the whole kit ready to go.

Enjoy!
m
l
!