Connect3D HD 4770 are out

23 answers Last reply
More about connect3d 4770
  1. A video card (or any product for that matter) is not "out" until it is sold at some legal marketplace.

    A picture of a box does not qualify in my opinion.
  2. Not quite sure what ATI are up to with this one. I do expect it to be released today, but in low numbers at selected outlets.

    If the outlets don't have the cards in general stock then I don't really see the point in pulling forward a release. I'm also bemused by ATI's low profile on the card in general bar a few slides taking a potshot at Nvidia.

    This card redefines the market at $99 yet ATI seem to be kicking it out the door for no real reason. Could it have waited another week? Maybe they just don't want to give Nvidia time to react this time.
  3. Damnit!

    I need more money in the bank :) yay yay finally its here

    And that is the worst photoshoped comment...
  4. rewindlabs said:
    And that is the worst photoshoped comment...

    yeh i done it on three minuets
    and it was not PhotoShop it's PhotoFiltre Free version :na: ..
    and PhotoShop Work on my Profile Photo ..
  5. http://en.expreview.com/2009/04/22/first-radeon-hd-4770-benchmark-goes-alive.html
    3dmark Vantage score.

    This thing is looking good.....but I heard that the cooler is going to be awful (here is the reference cooloer: http://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-04-23/50d.jpg )
  6. that does not look like a reference cooler.
  7. Performs like a 9800+ at about 30$ less. That's all I know. I think it uses a lot less power too, so more OC room.
    I would be more excited if stuff like this was available on laptops. 2 9800+ (or 4770s) in CF/SLI using only a small amount of power would be great.
  8. Helloworld_98 said:
    that does not look like a reference cooler.


    Youre right, It looks much worse.
  9. radiowars said:
    I would be more excited if stuff like this was available on laptops. 2 9800+ (or 4770s) in CF/SLI using only a small amount of power would be great.


    ATI has already come out with their 40nm part for laptops.
    I agree with the 4770s in Crossfire, especially with the low power consumption and heat.
  10. spathotan said:
    Youre right, It looks much worse.

    yep but still better then Mine MSI HD 4830 :D

    http://www.tcmagazine.com/images/news/Hardware/MSI_Radeon_HD_4830_05.jpg
  11. ATI HD 4770 still scheduled for 28th

    Quote:
    Despite the rumor that is floating around the net, AMD didn't change the launch date for its first 40nm HD 4770 card. According to our info, the card is still scheduled to launch on 28th of April and the first Futuremark benchmarks and picture leaks are a normal thing as these happened before, with almost every new card launch.

    fudzilla

    :sol:
  12. Yes i read that on anandtech today too. I suppose they realise that Nvidia have no miracle they can pull out with this one.

    Either the 250gts loses $30 (same goes for the 4850) or the 4770 will completely dominate the $100 bracket for the same length of time the 8800gt did. Truth be told, if you take the power, heat and overclockability into consideration, even a 250/4850 will struggle to compete at the same price as the 4770 will. At 40nm and the lowest spec GDDR5 memory available, this thing will overclock to silly levels.
  13. It also appears nVidia is having problems on the highend also
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gtx285sli-hd4890cf_9.html#sect0
  14. My real concern is whether or not the 128bit bus hurt the card?
  15. Understand, a bus isnt the only thing that provides data, its not only how wide it is, but also how fast itll go. Twice as wide = twice as fast
  16. JAYDEEJOHN said:
    It also appears nVidia is having problems on the highend also
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gtx285sli-hd4890cf_9.html#sect0


    What "problems" are you talking about? I dont see a single ATI or Nvidia card having any problems in any of those games.
  17. jennyh said:
    Yes i read that on anandtech today too. I suppose they realise that Nvidia have no miracle they can pull out with this one.

    Either the 250gts loses $30 (same goes for the 4850) or the 4770 will completely dominate the $100 bracket for the same length of time the 8800gt did. Truth be told, if you take the power, heat and overclockability into consideration, even a 250/4850 will struggle to compete at the same price as the 4770 will. At 40nm and the lowest spec GDDR5 memory available, this thing will overclock to silly levels.


    None of that really matters. This card landing at $100 makes both of those cards obsolete. But we will more than likely see the same scenario as we saw vendors do with the 4830, and thats silly markups for no reason. This 4770 will sell closer to $120 than it will closer to $100.
  18. soundefx said:
    My real concern is whether or not the 128bit bus hurt the card?


    At stock it is slightly below a 4830/8800gt in memory bandwith. Both of those cards have 57.6 gb/s bandwith, compared to the 4770's 51.2 gb/s. In gaming terms that might play a part at higher resolutions, however the actual core speed on the gpu will make up for it and more easily.

    Furthermore, GDDR5 comes in at 3200mhz at the lowest. 3200/4 = 800mhz, which happens to be the memory on the 4770.

    One year old GDDR5 on a 4870 comes in at 900/3600mhz and generally overclocks by at least 50mhz more (mine goes to 1000/4000 on stock cooling). At 800/3200mhz memory I'd be expecting no less than 900mhz overclocked for sure. Assuming that, 900/3600mhz memory on a 128-bit bus will be.....*drumroll* 57.6 gb/s, which is exactly the same as a stock 4830/8800gt/9800gt.

    If the 4770 is memory starved then it will really show it's prowess under overclocking the memory, even with a 128-bit bus. You will not find any game where the 8800gt beats the 4770 at stock and you can quote me on that one. :)
  19. Just like the 4770 comes in low, and aims high. Its obvious. We already know the cost of 2 4890s for xf vs the cost of 2 285s for sli, and for only a .6% difference, and thats without speculation either.
    I know, some will say its 120$, but if so, for what? a week? When theyve advertised 99$? Thats why nVidias will be having trouble with this card, and already does at high end, multicard setups, tho, the 275 would look better, but for some reason, alot of people dont like those cards, and I have no idea why
  20. spathotan said:
    None of that really matters. This card landing at $100 makes both of those cards obsolete. But we will more than likely see the same scenario as we saw vendors do with the 4830, and thats silly markups for no reason. This 4770 will sell closer to $120 than it will closer to $100.


    I don't think it will. ATI have been pushing this whole $99 thing for ages on it.

    If it turns out more expensive than that then I'll concede that. This is ATI we're talking about though, not Nvidia. I'm sure a few unscrupulous vendors will try to mark it up, but they'll lose out to those who are selling it at the RRP, which will be $99 on release and I'd be amazed if it wasn't available for $10 less within a month after Nvidia drops the price on the 250gtx in order to compete (which they will).
  21. spathotan said:
    None of that really matters. This card landing at $100 makes both of those cards obsolete. But we will more than likely see the same scenario as we saw vendors do with the 4830, and thats silly markups for no reason. This 4770 will sell closer to $120 than it will closer to $100.

    AHHHHH

    I just blew a load in my pants thinking about this card :na: :na:

    I can't wait :sweat:
  22. No, ddr5 makes up for the bus and makes it perform near 4850 levels. A overclock on memory and core would easily put it past the 4850 and make it between 4870 and 50.
  23. boredatcanon said:
    No, ddr5 makes up for the bus and makes it perform near 4850 levels. A overclock on memory and core would easily put it past the 4850 and make it between 4870 and 50.



    Hellz yeah
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connect3D HD Graphics Product