newjack1

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2008
:hello: Hello folks! Well its been a year sinse I built my first PC with the help of you guys with all your knowledge about compatibilty and price. The most helpful people out there! I need your help again. I would like to build a new system with the best stuff out there. That includes the SLI setups and other cool stuff of that nature. I will NOT be overclocking because lets face it I am a rookie with this stuff and would probably burn my house down!! :ouch: Anyway, to build my new system I am selling my current one and was wondering what I could get for it? I figure you guys would know best. I am only selling the tower! Here are the Specs:

Antec 900 Case with side fan
Gigabite Mobo P35-DS3L
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX
Mushkin DDR2 4GB RAM (2x2GB)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtremegamer 7.1
Zalman 9500 CPU cooler
PC Power and Cooling 750W silencer quad PSU
Seagate HDD 500GB 32MB cache
Asus CD/DVD burner
...and of course other little odds and ends.

I would also like to get any advice on the new system I would like to build. My current system is plenty for what I am doing, however, Flightsim X and other games still chop a little and it drives me crazy!! Mabey I am being to fussy. Anyway, here are the parts I would like to use for my new build. If something is out of place, again any advice would be great! Here you go:

Antec 1200 Case with side fan
Evga X58 SLI Classified Mobo
Intel i7 Extreme Edition Processor
EVGA GTX 295 Grahics Card <-------- I would get 2 of these :D
PC Power and Cooling 860W Power supply
Mushkin 6GB RAM DDR3 (3x2GB) triple channel
Seagate HDD 1.0TB
SoundBlaster X-Fi
Zalman 9900 CPU cooler

Thanks again for any input anyone may have! :hello:

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008

Maybe $900-1000 or so. You could argue that since it has a QX6850 that its worth more, but honestly I doubt you will get more because there are newer cheaper chips that perform much better than that one.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008

Well that is a good start, but you should make some changes. First, the PSU you chose probably won't cut it for 2 GTX 295's, you should look at a 1000w PSU at least, like the Corsair 1000HX.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007&Tpk=1000hx

Don't get a seagate drive, they blow. WD Caviar Black 1TB FTW, or if you can afford it (and it certainly seems you can...) then get a couple SSD's in raid 0 for your system and games drive, then use the other drive for storage and backup.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227395

Try out the onboard sound before you get a sound card, most onboard sound these days is very good, especially on those top end mobo's like you are looking at.

For your cooler, you really don't need much since you aren't going to OC (but its really not that hard to be honest, you should try it, especially on an extreme edition processor). If you think you might in the future, then get this CPU cooler:
http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/thermalright-ultra-120-extreme-1366-rt.html
if not, then you can just get by with stock cooling most likely. The cooler you are looking at is overpriced for what it delivers.