Question about buying GPU

szadeklord

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Hello,

I own a Compaq Presario SR1920NX Desktop PC with 2 gb or ram and a crappy intagrated geforce 6150 le. I would like to upgrade to a new graphics card that is less than 100 dollars but there is 1 major constraint i only have a 250 watt power supply. I can play team fortress 2 and all the other source games on steam but only because I can adjust the direct x level. is there a card that can run these games normally along with atleast 1 or 2 of these games: oblivion, guild wars or rainbow six vegas 2

thank you guys a ton.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
As long as you have a monitor that uses 1440x900 or 1280x1024 you should...

Either wait a few days till the 4770 is released or go for a 4670...those would get you where you need to go

Now if your monitor is above the resolutions above you will need a better gpu then what iv suggested

You should also try using the application called clock gen...make sure to follow a guide...it is pretty straight forward..just turn the fsb up a few mhz and test for a few hours and repeat....you can google what other people have overclocked there cpu to as well to give you an idea on where you should be overclocking to

I got my AMD with a locked bios which means i can't overclock it to around 2.6-7 ghz from its stock speed of 2.2ghz

You should be able to get a few 100 mhz...you will need to install an application called orthos(google it) and it will run your cpu at 100% and aslong as your cpu doesn't crash at the overclocked speed it will work great for gaming...

that should help you get a few extra fps and it won't raise your heat levels by much ;)