Western Digital 750gb hard drive
Corsair tx 750 watt psu
XFX HD 4890 gpu
2 x Hp dvd1270 dvd drives
Coolit Eco ALC cpu cooler w/120 x 38 mm Scythe Kazemaster fan

with this setup my cpu rate a 7.4
ram memory rate a 7.7
gpu rates a 7.6 on both categories

and last but not least; my WD black Edition drive rates 7.5?! My understanding is that this is not possible and should rate 5.9 like it used to. The only thing I did different was to use AHCI settings in the bios.

Can someone tell me what I should do? How do I make the pc read scores correctly?
a b à CPUs
October 30, 2010 6:15:19 AM

Does it matter?

its WEI, its totally and uterally useless. even less sueful than other synthetics. it serves no purpose and give no real understanding of the hardware performance.

I know i'm not really answering your question, but so many people take WEI seriously, and honestly you'd be better asking someone on the street to rate your hardware.
m
l
October 30, 2010 6:29:26 AM

Thanks for the response, I am just hoping that there is not something wrong with my rig and hopeful that a more experienced person could give some insight.

I really like the computer and want to avoid any further issues. Recently it "caught" a virus and I could not get rid of it so I used a D.O.D. rated hard disc eraser/wiper called something like "boot and nuke" to clean the drive and now it reads this rating differently.

I am a grad student and do not wish to buy another pc any time soon

Cheers,
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 30, 2010 1:44:19 PM

My point is that there is nothing wrong with your rig, WEI is just useless. It giving a bad score is not indicative of a problem, only indicative that WEI is awful.
m
l
!