University thrice!

I used the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat unwisely on Pleasantville and
regretted it so I was trying to find a way of getting the characters back
without uninstalling and starting again.

I started a new User account in XP and found that I had the game back in
it's original "just installed" state so I made another account as backup
still - just in case!

I hope this means that I can experiment with downloads and hacks in one,
decorate in one and play the game in its pristine state in another. It
seems to work as all the downloads etc. are kept in the "My documents"
folders which are separate in each account. Easy to move stuff about it
needed though.

Helpful to have 240 Gigabytes of storage though!

Skeatsan''co
53 answers Last reply
More about university thrice

    Hmmm, wonder if that would work for just sims2 too?
    I have been wanting a work sims and a play sims like i used to have with
    sims1 on my old computer.
    One for making stuff in and one for just playing using other people's stuff,
    lol.

    Skeatsan''co wrote:
    > I used the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat unwisely on Pleasantville and
    > regretted it so I was trying to find a way of getting the characters
    > back without uninstalling and starting again.

    I think if you just go into the neighborhoods folder and delete neighborhood
    1, then restart your game, Pleasantville will be regenerated, but only as it
    was when original. Anything you've added is gone.

    > I started a new User account in XP and found that I had the game back
    > in it's original "just installed" state so I made another account as
    > backup still - just in case!
    >
    > I hope this means that I can experiment with downloads and hacks in
    > one, decorate in one and play the game in its pristine state in
    > another. It seems to work as all the downloads etc. are kept in the
    > "My documents" folders which are separate in each account. Easy to
    > move stuff about it needed though.
    >
    > Helpful to have 240 Gigabytes of storage though!
    >
    > Skeatsan''co

    Well, I guess so! I've only got a 40 GB hard drive, though. I do try to
    back stuff up regularly, and I'm getting pretty good at weeding out my
    downloads. I like being able to do that from within the game. Sometimes I
    go on download binges and I'm as bad as a hungry person on their first trip
    to the buffet, wanting at least one of EVERYTHING. Then after playing for a
    while I realize I'm probably never going to use some of this stuff (WHAT was
    I thinking?!? LOL) and it's nice to be able to get rid of it.

    Jeanie

    IT WORKED!!!

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    >IT WORKED!!!
    >
    >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Hmmm, wonder if that would work for just sims2 too?
    >>I have been wanting a work sims and a play sims like i used to have with
    >>sims1 on my old computer.
    >>One for making stuff in and one for just playing using other people's
    >>

    >stuff,
    >

    >>lol.
    >>
    >>"Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>I used the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat unwisely on Pleasantville and
    >>>regretted it so I was trying to find a way of getting the characters
    >>>

    >back
    >

    >>>without uninstalling and starting again.
    >>>
    >>>I started a new User account in XP and found that I had the game back in
    >>>it's original "just installed" state so I made another account as backup
    >>>still - just in case!
    >>>
    >>>I hope this means that I can experiment with downloads and hacks in one,
    >>>decorate in one and play the game in its pristine state in another. It
    >>>seems to work as all the downloads etc. are kept in the "My documents"
    >>>folders which are separate in each account. Easy to move stuff about it
    >>>needed though.
    >>>
    >>>Helpful to have 240 Gigabytes of storage though!
    >>>
    >>>Skeatsan''co
    >>>

    > Does this work just putting thr Sims 2 CD in the drive, I would have thought it would ask for University, as only the "My Documents" folders gets copied to a new user account and not the 'core' game in C:\Program Files, which is where Uni is, if it does we could start numerous accounts,(harddrive space allowing)and play from scratch every time.

    ---Sandra

    I don't have university........just plain sims2.
    But I made another user account on my puter. The EA Games folder was there
    in that account's documents, but I had to actually go play the game before
    the rest showed up. It still runs off the engine in the C:\Program Files\
    part. And it still runs from my virtual cd.
    I just set up an account with all the privileges. Only thing it can't do is
    mess with the main user's documents :)
    Is okay tho, since I am the only real person in the house.
    But now, I have a game for when I want to just play (the second username)
    and one for when I want to create (this username).
    I can download from with the main user and put the downloads into the second
    user's account, lol.

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    > >IT WORKED!!!
    > >
    > >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > >>Hmmm, wonder if that would work for just sims2 too?
    > >>I have been wanting a work sims and a play sims like i used to have with
    > >>sims1 on my old computer.
    > >>One for making stuff in and one for just playing using other people's
    > >>

    > >stuff,
    > >

    > >>lol.
    > >>
    > >>"Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >back

    > > Does this work just putting thr Sims 2 CD in the drive, I would have
    thought it would ask for University, as only the "My Documents" folders gets
    copied to a new user account and not the 'core' game in C:\Program Files,
    which is where Uni is, if it does we could start numerous
    accounts,(harddrive space allowing)and play from scratch every time.

    > ---Sandra

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> Does this work just putting thr Sims 2 CD in the drive, I would have
    >> thought it would ask for University, as only the "My Documents" folders
    >> gets copied to a new user account and not the 'core' game in C:\Program
    >> Files, which is where Uni is, if it does we could start numerous
    >> accounts,(harddrive space allowing)and play from scratch every time.
    > ---Sandra

    Not sure what you mean.

    I have University and only put that disk in the drive to play.

    When I started the two new Administrator accounts I found that I could play
    Sims2 University as if I had just installed both games from scratch. All
    the new neighbourhoods, projects etc I made in each new account only went
    in that new Administrator's "My Documents" folder. The core files seemed
    untouched. (I didn't put them in the "Share files" folder). I got all the
    options to see the hints etc. each time.

    I had to go in search of the Maxis official downloads packages to reinstall
    them in each new Account. Being Administrator meant that I could access all
    the files on the computer whereas a Limited user might not be allowed to?

    I packaged some of my favourite families from the original account into an
    easily findable folder, decorating their houses with lots of my favourite
    wallpapers and floors and doubleclicked them when in the other accounts.
    This cut out a lot of the decorating stuff that didn't want.

    It probably works for Sims2 only installations but I am not sure what
    happens if there is a new patch- whether it affects all Accounts or not.
    Mine was a complete updated game.

    Maybe EA made it this way because of the complaints about other members of
    the family not being able to play games on Limited Accounts. It would mean
    that each player couldn't damage other player's games if they all used
    separate accounts though. I didn't make any "Limited Accounts" to try this
    out.

    I haven't played either new account enough yet to see if anything gets
    muddled in the core folders so use at your own discretion!!

    hth
    Skeatsan''co

    > I don't have university........just plain sims2.
    > But I made another user account on my puter. The EA Games folder was
    there
    > in that account's documents, but I had to actually go play the game before
    > the rest showed up. It still runs off the engine in the C:\Program Files\
    > part. And it still runs from my virtual cd.
    > I just set up an account with all the privileges. Only thing it can't do
    is
    > mess with the main user's documents :)
    > Is okay tho, since I am the only real person in the house.
    > But now, I have a game for when I want to just play (the second username)
    > and one for when I want to create (this username).
    > I can download from with the main user and put the downloads into the
    second
    > user's account, lol.

    Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your advice
    and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    game, created the new user as an administrator, then went to install the
    game again using the new user's account. Won't work. Gets as far as me
    entering the serial number, then it comes up with the message "Are you sure
    you want to quit installation?"
    I can install it just fine under my first account. So why not the second?

    You know, it's things like this that make me want to throttle Bill Gates --
    I paid my hard-earned money for my copy of Windows, why won't it work like
    it's supposed to?

    Does anyone happen to know, are there Windows emulators that allow you to
    play games like the Sims on a Linux system?

    Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them!

    --Poppy

    "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > I don't have university........just plain sims2.
    > > But I made another user account on my puter. The EA Games folder was
    > there
    > > in that account's documents, but I had to actually go play the game
    before
    > > the rest showed up. It still runs off the engine in the C:\Program
    Files\
    > > part. And it still runs from my virtual cd.
    > > I just set up an account with all the privileges. Only thing it can't
    do
    > is
    > > mess with the main user's documents :)
    > > Is okay tho, since I am the only real person in the house.
    > > But now, I have a game for when I want to just play (the second
    username)
    > > and one for when I want to create (this username).
    > > I can download from with the main user and put the downloads into the
    > second
    > > user's account, lol.
    > >
    > Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    advice
    > and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    > game, created the new user as an administrator, then went to install the
    > game again using the new user's account. Won't work. Gets as far as me
    > entering the serial number, then it comes up with the message "Are you
    sure
    > you want to quit installation?"
    > I can install it just fine under my first account. So why not the second?
    >
    > You know, it's things like this that make me want to throttle Bill
    Gates --
    > I paid my hard-earned money for my copy of Windows, why won't it work like
    > it's supposed to?
    >
    > Does anyone happen to know, are there Windows emulators that allow you to
    > play games like the Sims on a Linux system?
    >
    > Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them!
    >
    > --Poppy

    You don't need to uninstall the game at all. I didn't.
    I just made the new user account and the EA Games folder appeared in that
    users documents. Then I went into the game to play and when I closed out,
    all the other stuff was there too. Then just add downloads to the downloads
    folder. But remember to get the color enabler for that user too, if you are
    using 3rd party object downloads.

    The game runs from the C:\Program files installation, which should be common
    to both users. That is where the sims.exe is actually located. Just for
    all the other stuff it refers to the stuff in documents.........those would
    be different for each user. I hope this helps.

    "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your advice
    >and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    >game, created the new user as an administrator,

    Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact that
    many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.

    --
    Philipp Lucas
    phlucas@online-club.de

    "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    advice
    > >and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    > >game, created the new user as an administrator,
    >
    > Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact that
    > many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.

    When we are the only one on our computer, what is the big deal? I can
    understand for a company or even for a home network in certain situations,
    but when there is only one person on the computer? I live by myself and am
    the only one on this computer period. I don't see the big deal of having
    several administrative usernames. But the fact is that I have 2, and one is
    just for playing the sims2 with downloads :)

    "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    >>advice
    >>and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    >>game, created the new user as an administrator,
    >
    > Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact that
    > many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.
    >
    > --
    I think... I 'think' that you need the admin rights to remove all the
    programs running in the background, don't you? I am still XP-tremulous, so
    might be guessing here.
    Anyway, when I did what the web page suggested, and removed web options, and
    things like that it did remove them. From everywhere, so I gave up.

    Still trying to work out what I did wrong.

    Granny.

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > > "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    > >>advice
    > >>and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    > >>game, created the new user as an administrator,
    > >
    > > Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact
    that
    > > many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.
    > >
    > > --
    > I think... I 'think' that you need the admin rights to remove all the
    > programs running in the background, don't you? I am still XP-tremulous, so
    > might be guessing here.
    > Anyway, when I did what the web page suggested, and removed web options,
    and
    > things like that it did remove them. From everywhere, so I gave up.
    >
    > Still trying to work out what I did wrong.
    >
    > Granny.

    You haven't gotten it to work yet?

    "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    >> "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> >Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    >advice
    >> >and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    >> >game, created the new user as an administrator,

    >> Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact that
    >> many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.
    >When we are the only one on our computer, what is the big deal?

    I see it as a very basic security precaution. It protects against own
    stupid mistakes and it can make the difference between going online and
    being infected by malicious software and going online and not being
    infected. Or do you switch to a restricted account every time you dial
    up, download new objects, switch back and install them?

    --

    > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    > >"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > >advice
    >
    > >> Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact
    that
    > >> many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.
    > >When we are the only one on our computer, what is the big deal?
    >
    > I see it as a very basic security precaution. It protects against own
    > stupid mistakes and it can make the difference between going online and
    > being infected by malicious software and going online and not being
    > infected. Or do you switch to a restricted account every time you dial
    > up, download new objects, switch back and install them?
    >
    > --

    Funny you should ask, lol. I had downloaded a lot using my main acct, but
    put the zips into the 2nd user acct. When I tried to unzip them with the
    2nd user acct, it would not let me, even tho the 2nd user has administrative
    priveledges. I looked all over winzip's stuff to find info on changing
    that...........but could find none :(
    Also, I noticed the graphics when starting the game with the 2nd user, they
    seemed worse and I could not get the modular stairs to show up. I finally
    had to share my C:\Program Files part of sims2 with other users to get the
    modular stairs to show up in my 2nd user acct game. But the graphics were a
    lot better too :)

    I'm not one to have a lot of sensitive stuff on my
    computer...............most would find it a very boring computer, no porn or
    anything like that, lol.
    My virus control works thru both accts, as do some other programs. But the
    main purpose of the 2nd acct is just to play the game when I actually feel
    like playing. Mostly I use my main acct for everything :)

    > "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    > message

    >> > --
    >> I think... I 'think' that you need the admin rights to remove all the
    >> programs running in the background, don't you? I am still XP-tremulous,
    >> so
    >> might be guessing here.
    >> Anyway, when I did what the web page suggested, and removed web options,
    > and
    >> things like that it did remove them. From everywhere, so I gave up.
    >>
    >> Still trying to work out what I did wrong.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > You haven't gotten it to work yet?

    Listen, you... Grrr. yes, I did get it to work. Twice. But it didn;t work as
    I wanted it to work to I killed it, both times.

    How can you end up with a slimmed down user account without ANY trimmings.
    To run the Sims you do not need things like printers and checkers, or, in my
    case, webby things. Most of them I can delete and be happy, but removing
    virus checkers and other web-watchers removed them from all my accounts.

    I want an account that allows me to do NOTHING at all but play Sims2. Links
    to associated programs like homecrafter etc. can be included. That's easy.
    Is a pest.

    Granny.

    Granny.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >>message

    >>>I think... I 'think' that you need the admin rights to remove all the
    >>>programs running in the background, don't you? I am still XP-tremulous,
    >>>so
    >>>might be guessing here.
    >>>Anyway, when I did what the web page suggested, and removed web options,
    >>>

    >>and
    >>

    >>>things like that it did remove them. From everywhere, so I gave up.
    >>>
    >>>Still trying to work out what I did wrong.
    >>>
    >>>Granny.
    >>>

    >>You haven't gotten it to work yet?
    >>

    >Listen, you... Grrr. yes, I did get it to work. Twice. But it didn;t work as
    >I wanted it to work to I killed it, both times.
    >
    >How can you end up with a slimmed down user account without ANY trimmings.
    >To run the Sims you do not need things like printers and checkers, or, in my
    >case, webby things. Most of them I can delete and be happy, but removing
    >virus checkers and other web-watchers removed them from all my accounts.
    >
    >I want an account that allows me to do NOTHING at all but play Sims2. Links
    >to associated programs like homecrafter etc. can be included. That's easy.
    >Is a pest.
    >
    >Granny.
    >
    >Granny.

    Gran, what I did was to set up a new user account, call it Sims2,(even
    put a little Sims2 icon there),then I followed the 'guide' from a
    the start/all programs/startup folder, I didn't want to do that, but did
    everything else, now when I start my computer I have four 'accounts'
    "Children of the Nile", Prince of Persia" "Sims2" and "Sandra" which is
    my main account, as I'm the only person using this computer, the
    accounts all have full admin rights, so-------- when I want to play
    Sims2 I log off and switch user, go into Sims2 account and wait until
    things at the bottom have loaded (Zone Alarm Virus etc, then I put my
    modem on standby(I'm on broadband, so it's always on) and end those
    programs, so now all I have is the volume icon on the taskbar, then I
    insert my Sims 2, or in this case University disc, and play, when I've
    finished and want to go back to my main account or play another game, I
    log off that account and log on another, bearing in mind that as people
    have said, the Sims2 folder is in a 'pristine' state and if you want to
    add downloads to it you have to do from your main account, just go to
    C:\Documents and settings\Sims2 (and in my case) owners
    documents\EAGames\Sims2 and put all your downloads into there, plus
    neighbourhoods and of course the cep file (you'll find it in the other
    downloads folder inMy\Documents, (copy and paste it), once you've done
    it a couple of times it gets easier lol, I tried to convert my sister to
    this the other day, I spent all afternoon setting up her computer and
    making her watch what I did, and the next day she rang to say it was
    confusing her about the downloads,(she was putting them in My Documents
    and then couldn't see them ingame, so she deleted the account lol,
    anyway I hope this helps you get it right, an account like this will do
    nothing at all but let you play Sims2.

    ---Sandra

    Skeatsan''co wrote:

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    >>> Does this work just putting thr Sims 2 CD in the drive, I would have
    >>>thought it would ask for University, as only the "My Documents" folders
    >>>gets copied to a new user account and not the 'core' game in C:\Program
    >>>Files, which is where Uni is, if it does we could start numerous
    >>>accounts,(harddrive space allowing)and play from scratch every time.
    >>>

    >> ---Sandra
    >>

    >Not sure what you mean.
    >
    >I have University and only put that disk in the drive to play.
    >
    >When I started the two new Administrator accounts I found that I could play
    >Sims2 University as if I had just installed both games from scratch. All
    >the new neighbourhoods, projects etc I made in each new account only went
    >in that new Administrator's "My Documents" folder. The core files seemed
    >untouched. (I didn't put them in the "Share files" folder). I got all the
    >options to see the hints etc. each time.
    >
    >I had to go in search of the Maxis official downloads packages to reinstall
    >them in each new Account. Being Administrator meant that I could access all
    >the files on the computer whereas a Limited user might not be allowed to?
    >
    >I packaged some of my favourite families from the original account into an
    >easily findable folder, decorating their houses with lots of my favourite
    >wallpapers and floors and doubleclicked them when in the other accounts.
    >This cut out a lot of the decorating stuff that didn't want.
    >
    >It probably works for Sims2 only installations but I am not sure what
    >happens if there is a new patch- whether it affects all Accounts or not.
    >Mine was a complete updated game.
    >
    >Maybe EA made it this way because of the complaints about other members of
    >the family not being able to play games on Limited Accounts. It would mean
    >that each player couldn't damage other player's games if they all used
    >separate accounts though. I didn't make any "Limited Accounts" to try this
    >out.
    >
    >I haven't played either new account enough yet to see if anything gets
    >muddled in the core folders so use at your own discretion!!
    >
    >hth
    >Skeatsan''co

    Yes I thought it wouldn't let you play just the Sims2 disc when Uni is
    installed, I did this a while ago, and like it very much, it's become
    second nature to me now to install my downloads into that account, I now
    have four accounts set up, one for me, and three for my memory/processer
    hungry games, it's a very good idea for people with kids who want to
    play, they can have their own account, as far as I know, nothing is
    changed in the core folder.

    ---Sandra

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    >I don't have university........just plain sims2.
    >But I made another user account on my puter. The EA Games folder was there
    >in that account's documents, but I had to actually go play the game before
    >the rest showed up. It still runs off the engine in the C:\Program Files\
    >part. And it still runs from my virtual cd.
    >I just set up an account with all the privileges. Only thing it can't do is
    >mess with the main user's documents :)
    >Is okay tho, since I am the only real person in the house.
    >But now, I have a game for when I want to just play (the second username)
    >and one for when I want to create (this username).
    >I can download from with the main user and put the downloads into the second
    >user's account, lol.
    >
    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    >>Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >>

    >>>IT WORKED!!!
    >>>
    >>>"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    >>>stuff,

    >>>back

    >in

    >backup

    >one,

    >it

    >>> Does this work just putting thr Sims 2 CD in the drive, I would have
    >>>

    >thought it would ask for University, as only the "My Documents" folders gets
    >copied to a new user account and not the 'core' game in C:\Program Files,
    >which is where Uni is, if it does we could start numerous
    >accounts,(harddrive space allowing)and play from scratch every time.
    >

    >> ---Sandra

    Yep that's what I do, I'm the only one using this computer, I thought
    you had Uni, so was intrigued to know if just the Sims2 worked with the
    second account, but knowing that Uni was installed in the core folder, I
    doubted it,"Please insert the correct CD", but you don't have Uni so
    your Sims2 game works lol.

    ---Sandra

    > Gran, what I did was to set up a new user account, call it Sims2,(even
    > put a little Sims2 icon there),then I followed the 'guide' from a previous
    > post, and did everything *but* drag the Sims startup icon into the
    > start/all programs/startup folder, I didn't want to do that, but did
    > everything else, now when I start my computer I have four 'accounts'
    > "Children of the Nile", Prince of Persia" "Sims2" and "Sandra" which is my
    > main account, as I'm the only person using this computer, the accounts all
    > have full admin rights, so-------- when I want to play Sims2 I log off and
    > switch user, go into Sims2 account and wait until things at the bottom
    > have loaded (Zone Alarm Virus etc, then I put my modem on standby(I'm on
    > broadband, so it's always on) and end those programs, so now all I have is
    > the volume icon on the taskbar, then I insert my Sims 2, or in this case
    > University disc, and play, when I've finished and want to go back to my
    > main account or play another game, I log off that account and log on
    > another, bearing in mind that as people have said, the Sims2 folder is in
    > a 'pristine' state and if you want to add downloads to it you have to do
    > from your main account, just go to C:\Documents and settings\Sims2 (and in
    > my case) owners documents\EAGames\Sims2 and put all your downloads into
    > there, plus neighbourhoods and of course the cep file (you'll find it in
    > the other downloads folder inMy\Documents, (copy and paste it), once
    > you've done it a couple of times it gets easier lol, I tried to convert my
    > sister to this the other day, I spent all afternoon setting up her
    > computer and making her watch what I did, and the next day she rang to say
    > it was confusing her about the downloads,(she was putting them in My
    > Documents and then couldn't see them ingame, so she deleted the account
    > lol, anyway I hope this helps you get it right, an account like this will
    > do nothing at all but let you play Sims2.
    >
    > ---Sandra

    Glazed eyeballs.
    I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am confused. i
    don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds dangerous. Sim2 is running
    okay so i will leave well alone. Whaa-whaa.
    My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like winzip) is
    3/4 full.
    As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never came
    back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!

    Granny.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > Glazed eyeballs.
    > I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am confused. i
    > don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds dangerous. Sim2 is running
    > okay so i will leave well alone. Whaa-whaa.
    > My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like winzip) is
    > 3/4 full.
    > As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never came
    > back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    > I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >
    > Granny.

    Small cookie to make you feel better. I only have a 20 gig Hardrive. Total.

    -georg

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >
    >> Glazed eyeballs.
    >> I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am
    >> confused. i don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds
    >> dangerous. Sim2 is running okay so i will leave well alone.
    >> Whaa-whaa.
    >> My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like
    >> winzip) is 3/4 full.
    >> As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never
    >> came back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    >> I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > Small cookie to make you feel better. I only have a 20 gig Hardrive.
    > Total.
    >
    > -georg

    I don't understand how people can fill up their hard drives so fast. LOL
    I have one HDD that
    is a 20 gig and has 14 gigs on it plus I have a 80 gig HDD which I've
    had now for 2 yrs. that has only 16 gigs on it.

    LOL I have a lot of programs and junk on my computer but still can't
    even start to filling it up. I don't download movies
    or music, maybe that is it huh? I have lots and lots of family photos
    which are rather large in size, but anyway, I
    just wonder what I'm missing.

    Betty

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >
    >> Glazed eyeballs.
    >> I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am
    >> confused. i don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds dangerous.
    >> Sim2 is running okay so i will leave well alone. Whaa-whaa.
    >> My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like winzip)
    >> is 3/4 full.
    >> As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never
    >> came back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    >> I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > Small cookie to make you feel better. I only have a 20 gig Hardrive.
    > Total.
    >
    > -georg

    You can get external hard drives from firms like LaCie and Iomega, eg 40
    Gigabytes+ for as little as £60 and upwards in the uk. I found my Iomega
    (usb2) helpful before I could afford a new computer and invaluable for
    transfering everything I needed from the old to to new one. It's now always
    plugged in to
    the new computer as my L drive. Currently Amazon.co. uk has a 200 G for £99
    (Western Digital 200GB 7200 RPM USB2.0).

    Skeatsan''co

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    >> Gran, what I did was to set up a new user account, call it Sims2,(even
    >>put a little Sims2 icon there),then I followed the 'guide' from a previous
    >>post, and did everything *but* drag the Sims startup icon into the
    >>start/all programs/startup folder, I didn't want to do that, but did
    >>everything else, now when I start my computer I have four 'accounts'
    >>"Children of the Nile", Prince of Persia" "Sims2" and "Sandra" which is my
    >>main account, as I'm the only person using this computer, the accounts all
    >>have full admin rights, so-------- when I want to play Sims2 I log off and
    >>switch user, go into Sims2 account and wait until things at the bottom
    >>have loaded (Zone Alarm Virus etc, then I put my modem on standby(I'm on
    >>broadband, so it's always on) and end those programs, so now all I have is
    >>the volume icon on the taskbar, then I insert my Sims 2, or in this case
    >>University disc, and play, when I've finished and want to go back to my
    >>main account or play another game, I log off that account and log on
    >>another, bearing in mind that as people have said, the Sims2 folder is in
    >>a 'pristine' state and if you want to add downloads to it you have to do
    >>from your main account, just go to C:\Documents and settings\Sims2 (and in
    >>my case) owners documents\EAGames\Sims2 and put all your downloads into
    >>there, plus neighbourhoods and of course the cep file (you'll find it in
    >>the other downloads folder inMy\Documents, (copy and paste it), once
    >>you've done it a couple of times it gets easier lol, I tried to convert my
    >>sister to this the other day, I spent all afternoon setting up her
    >>computer and making her watch what I did, and the next day she rang to say
    >>it was confusing her about the downloads,(she was putting them in My
    >>Documents and then couldn't see them ingame, so she deleted the account
    >>lol, anyway I hope this helps you get it right, an account like this will
    >>do nothing at all but let you play Sims2.
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    >Glazed eyeballs.
    >I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am confused. i
    >don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds dangerous. Sim2 is running
    >okay so i will leave well alone. Whaa-whaa.
    >My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like winzip) is
    >3/4 full.
    >As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never came
    >back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    >I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >
    >Granny.

    LOL it sounds a lot harder than it is,--- to get the "My Computer"
    icon back on the desktop click 'start' go to My Computer right click and
    tick "show on desktop", as for harddrive space I'm sorely tempted to buy
    an external, I have 44 gig left, we'll see. :-D

    ---Sandra

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >> I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > Small cookie to make you feel better. I only have a 20 gig Hardrive.
    > Total.
    >
    > -georg

    Make... me.... feeel.....
    Yawww! Yawwwwk! Rambangle and umbersnoot!!!!

    Thank you dear, I am suitably chastened..

    Grrrrranny.

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:kuY0e.2898>>As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon
    and it never came
    >>back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    >>I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >>
    >>Granny.
    >>
    > LOL it sounds a lot harder than it is,--- to get the "My Computer" icon
    > back on the desktop click 'start' go to My Computer right click and tick
    > "show on desktop", as for harddrive space I'm sorely tempted to buy an
    > external, I have 44 gig left, we'll see. :-D
    >
    > ---Sandra

    Who said I wanted the nasty thing back again???
    Yes, I was thinking externally, hardrivewise. Externalhardrivewise.

    Grumpy tonight. Left a paper hankie in the man's pajama jacket pocket.
    Shaking out a sheet in the living room looked like a snow globe attack.
    Just what I needed.

    Granny.

    "Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
    > "Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Maybe you could help me? I have XP home, and decided to follow your
    advice
    > >and create a second user account just for Sims 2. So I uninstalled the
    > >game, created the new user as an administrator,
    >
    > Why? A large number of Windows security problems comes from the fact that
    > many users are still doing all their work with administrator rights.
    >
    > --
    > Philipp Lucas
    > phlucas@online-club.de

    Because I wanted to install the game under the new user account, and only an
    administrator can install a program.

    --Poppy

    > You don't need to uninstall the game at all. I didn't.
    > I just made the new user account and the EA Games folder appeared in that
    > users documents. Then I went into the game to play and when I closed out,
    > all the other stuff was there too. Then just add downloads to the
    downloads
    > folder. But remember to get the color enabler for that user too, if you
    are
    > using 3rd party object downloads.
    >
    > The game runs from the C:\Program files installation, which should be
    common
    > to both users. That is where the sims.exe is actually located. Just for
    > all the other stuff it refers to the stuff in documents.........those
    would
    > be different for each user. I hope this helps.

    OK, I will just reinstall the game under user "Poppy" and then play under
    user "Sims2". I guess I've had a basic misunderstanding of XP. I thought,
    User1 could install ProgramA, and User2 could install ProgramB, so that
    User1's program list wouldn't include ProgramB and vice versa, which is why
    I wanted "Sims2" to be the one to install the game. Apparently it doesn't
    work that way, even if I could get anything to install under the second
    account!

    Thanks for the response!

    --Poppy

    > "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:kuY0e.2898>>As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon
    > and it never came
    > >>back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    > >>I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    > >>
    > >>Granny.
    > >>
    > > LOL it sounds a lot harder than it is,--- to get the "My Computer"
    icon
    > > back on the desktop click 'start' go to My Computer right click and tick
    > > "show on desktop", as for harddrive space I'm sorely tempted to buy an
    > > external, I have 44 gig left, we'll see. :-D
    > >
    > > ---Sandra
    >
    > Who said I wanted the nasty thing back again???
    > Yes, I was thinking externally, hardrivewise. Externalhardrivewise.
    >
    > Grumpy tonight. Left a paper hankie in the man's pajama jacket pocket.
    > Shaking out a sheet in the living room looked like a snow globe attack.
    > Just what I needed.
    >
    > Granny.

    Hee hee! My mother recently accidentally knocked a whole roll of toilet
    tissue into the washing machine. What's worse, she was washing fuzzy
    sweaters.

    --Poppy

    "d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

    > I don't understand how people can fill up their hard drives so fast. I
    > just wonder what I'm missing.
    >
    > Betty

    Great big walloping banks of fractal files, image files for tweaking. photos
    for editing, graphics in abundance, graphics stacked up in great tottering
    heaps and NONE of them reach the size of Sims2. 8(((

    I like to keep my HDs half empty.
    Not any more.

    message news:Nf11e.5511$Ab.405@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    > "d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message
    >

    >> I don't understand how people can fill up their hard drives so fast.
    >> just wonder what I'm missing.
    >>
    >> Betty
    >>
    > Great big walloping banks of fractal files, image files for tweaking.
    > photos for editing, graphics in abundance, graphics stacked up in
    > great tottering heaps and NONE of them reach the size of Sims2. 8(((
    >
    > I like to keep my HDs half empty.
    > Not any more.
    >
    > Granny.

    Well Granny, I have lots of what you describe but still hardly get over
    18 gigs. I do
    however back up to CD's and DVD's frequently so maybe that's it. :)

    Betty

    d-b_enson wrote:

    > I don't understand how people can fill up their hard drives so fast. LOL
    > I have one HDD that
    > is a 20 gig and has 14 gigs on it plus I have a 80 gig HDD which I've
    > had now for 2 yrs. that has only 16 gigs on it.
    >
    > LOL I have a lot of programs and junk on my computer but still can't
    > even start to filling it up. I don't download movies
    > or music, maybe that is it huh? I have lots and lots of family photos
    > which are rather large in size, but anyway, I
    > just wonder what I'm missing.

    Family pictures, text documents, electronic dictionaries, and games. I
    have to only have one game at a time on the drive, as I like a lot of
    memory intensive games.

    -georg

> [...]
    > have said, the Sims2 folder is in a 'pristine' state and if you want to
    > add downloads to it you have to do from your main account, just go to
    > C:\Documents and settings\Sims2 (and in my case) owners
    > documents\EAGames\Sims2 and put all your downloads into there, plus
    > neighbourhoods and of course the cep file (you'll find it in the other
    > downloads folder inMy\Documents, (copy and paste it), once you've done
    > it a couple of times it gets easier lol, I tried to convert my sister to
    > this the other day, I spent all afternoon setting up her computer and
    > making her watch what I did, and the next day she rang to say it was
    > confusing her about the downloads,(she was putting them in My Documents
    > and then couldn't see them ingame, so she deleted the account lol,
    > anyway I hope this helps you get it right, an account like this will do

    The part with you talking about the downloads confused me even, lol, and i
    have done it. I put downloads into the 2nd user acct called
    'clean'..........into it's documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads...........is
    that what you meant? I did find that I had to give control to clean to
    access the C:\program files part of the game tho, just to get the modular
    stairs to show in the game :)

    "d-b_enson" <d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote in message

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    > >
    > >> Glazed eyeballs.
    > >> I have had another thought. I only have a small hard drive. I am
    > >> confused. i don;t think I want to play this game, it sounds
    > >> dangerous. Sim2 is running okay so i will leave well alone.
    > >> Whaa-whaa.
    > >> My D drive (everything but XP and drivers and 'tool' progs like
    > >> winzip) is 3/4 full.
    > >> As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon and it never
    > >> came back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    > >> I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    > >>
    > >> Granny.
    > >
    > > Small cookie to make you feel better. I only have a 20 gig Hardrive.
    > > Total.
    > >
    > > -georg
    >
    > I don't understand how people can fill up their hard drives so fast. LOL
    > I have one HDD that
    > is a 20 gig and has 14 gigs on it plus I have a 80 gig HDD which I've
    > had now for 2 yrs. that has only 16 gigs on it.
    >
    > LOL I have a lot of programs and junk on my computer but still can't
    > even start to filling it up. I don't download movies
    > or music, maybe that is it huh? I have lots and lots of family photos
    > which are rather large in size, but anyway, I
    > just wonder what I'm missing.
    >
    > Betty

    You aren't missing a thing...........but you do have a lot of room for sims2
    downloads, lol. I'm like you, I have a 40gig and a 30gig, both are under
    half full by quite a bit. I've got tons and tons of graphics, some graphic
    programs (for creating) and sims2 mainly, lol. Ohhhh and all those real
    arcade games too :)
    But no movies or music, well some music but have had it forever, so no new
    stuff, lol.

    >> Great big walloping banks of fractal files, image files for tweaking.
    >> photos for editing, graphics in abundance, graphics stacked up in great
    >> tottering heaps and NONE of them reach the size of Sims2. 8(((
    >>
    >> I like to keep my HDs half empty.
    >> Not any more.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >>

    > Well Granny, I have lots of what you describe but still hardly get over 18
    > gigs. I do
    > however back up to CD's and DVD's frequently so maybe that's it. :)

    I worded that badly. I meant, none of the individual graphic files are as
    large as the Sim files. I mean... You work on a bitmap, and it might become
    huge with layers and things but once you save it the size is respectable.
    But the Sims! sometimes a recolour can be horrible. A new neighbourhood is a
    sizeable beast, even when empty and used for building only.
    My whole EA folder is only just pushing the Gig mark at 982 MB. Small,
    compared to some folks in here.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

> [...]
    >>it a couple of times it gets easier lol, I tried to convert my sister to
    >>this the other day, I spent all afternoon setting up her computer and
    >>making her watch what I did, and the next day she rang to say it was
    >>confusing her about the downloads,(she was putting them in My Documents
    >>and then couldn't see them ingame, so she deleted the account lol,
    >>anyway I hope this helps you get it right, an account like this will do
    >>nothing at all but let you play Sims2.
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    >The part with you talking about the downloads confused me even, lol, and i
    >have done it. I put downloads into the 2nd user acct called
    >'clean'..........into it's documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads...........is
    >that what you meant? I did find that I had to give control to clean to
    >access the C:\program files part of the game tho, just to get the modular

    Yes, thats what I meant, only I call my second user account Sims2. so
    what I'm doing is taking my previous download(and all new ones) from My
    Documents\Ea Games, and putting them into C drive Documents and
    Settings, Sims2, LOL now I'm getting confused, I have to explain that I
    always access My Documents from the start menu, and C drive from the
    shortcut on the desktop, so this is probably where the confusion lies, I
    haven't looked to see if the modular stairs are there, I don't use them
    a lot, but will have a gander next time I play.

    ---Sandra

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >news:kuY0e.2898>>As it is my last experiment took away 'my computer' icon
    >and it never came
    >

    >>>back. It took away almost everything, actually.
    >>>I only have 19 point somethingGig left on D drive!!! PANIC!!!!
    >>>
    >>>Granny.
    >>>

    >> LOL it sounds a lot harder than it is,--- to get the "My Computer" icon
    >>back on the desktop click 'start' go to My Computer right click and tick
    >>"show on desktop", as for harddrive space I'm sorely tempted to buy an
    >>external, I have 44 gig left, we'll see. :-D
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    >Who said I wanted the nasty thing back again???
    >Yes, I was thinking externally, hardrivewise. Externalhardrivewise.

    Ok then don't have it back lol,
    An external drive makes more sense to me because
    1--I can't fit an internal one, and I'm not paying to have one fitted.
    2--I can use it between computers to transfer files(obviously).
    3--They're a lot faster than they used to be with USB2.and 8MG buffer.
    4--The price is a lot more pocket-friendly.
    5--'Cos I want one :-p

    >Grumpy tonight. Left a paper hankie in the man's pajama jacket pocket.
    >Shaking out a sheet in the living room looked like a snow globe attack.
    >Just what I needed.
    >
    >Granny.

    Oh Jeez, been there done that, at least it wasn't some black mohair
    jumpers.

    ---Sandra

    I use the modular stairs on every house I build, lol. I never use the
    staircases. And now, numerator over at mts2 has made the wooden and
    holysmoke stairs recolorable thru the design mode tool, so they are getting
    even better :)

    >I use the modular stairs on every house I build, lol. I never use the
    > staircases. And now, numerator over at mts2 has made the wooden and
    > holysmoke stairs recolorable thru the design mode tool, so they are
    > getting
    > even better :)

    Thanks, I got to head that way! I use them a lot too.

    Betty

    > Yes, thats what I meant, only I call my second user account Sims2. so
    > what I'm doing is taking my previous download(and all new ones) from My
    > Documents\Ea Games, and putting them into C drive Documents and Settings,
    > Sims2, LOL now I'm getting confused, I have to explain that I always
    > access My Documents from the start menu, and C drive from the shortcut on
    > the desktop, so this is probably where the confusion lies, I haven't
    > looked to see if the modular stairs are there, I don't use them a lot, but
    > will have a gander next time I play.
    >
    > ---Sandra

    I'm going to be picky-picky rude. I know why you confused me.

    When I chopped your posts into bits I could make more sense of them.
    Only the Victorian writers held competitions to see how long they could make
    a sentence before the reader's brain went numb.
    If a similar competition was held nowadays, you would win.

    Granny - hiding behind the sofa.

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:SKd1e.5752$Ab.4551@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    > "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >> Yes, thats what I meant, only I call my second user account Sims2.
    >> so what I'm doing is taking my previous download(and all new ones)
    >> from My Documents\Ea Games, and putting them into C drive Documents
    >> and Settings, Sims2, LOL now I'm getting confused, I have to explain
    >> that I always access My Documents from the start menu, and C drive
    >> from the shortcut on the desktop, so this is probably where the
    >> confusion lies, I haven't looked to see if the modular stairs are
    >> there, I don't use them a lot, but will have a gander next time I
    >> play.
    >>
    >> ---Sandra
    >>

    > I'm going to be picky-picky rude. I know why you confused me.
    >
    > When I chopped your posts into bits I could make more sense of them.
    > Only the Victorian writers held competitions to see how long they
    > could make a sentence before the reader's brain went numb.
    > If a similar competition was held nowadays, you would win.
    >
    > Granny - hiding behind the sofa.

    LOL I guess I talk and write like Sandra so it made sense to me the
    first time around.

    Betty

    Snarf

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> > I'm going to

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yes, thats what I meant, only I call my second user account Sims2. so
    >>what I'm doing is taking my previous download(and all new ones) from My
    >>Documents\Ea Games, and putting them into C drive Documents and Settings,
    >>Sims2, LOL now I'm getting confused, I have to explain that I always
    >>access My Documents from the start menu, and C drive from the shortcut on
    >>the desktop, so this is probably where the confusion lies, I haven't
    >>looked to see if the modular stairs are there, I don't use them a lot, but
    >>will have a gander next time I play.
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    > I'm going to be picky-picky rude. I know why you confused me.
    >
    > When I chopped your posts into bits I could make more sense of them.
    > Only the Victorian writers held competitions to see how long they could make
    > a sentence before the reader's brain went numb.
    > If a similar competition was held nowadays, you would win.
    >
    > Granny - hiding behind the sofa.

    They have a contest, inspired by that "It was a dark and stormy night"
    feller. Do a search. Yer sentence can be handed in April 1, I think it is.

    -georg

    > Granny Crabapple wrote:
    >>>---Sandra
    >> I'm going to be picky-picky rude. I know why you confused me.
    >>
    >> When I chopped your posts into bits I could make more sense of them.
    >> Only the Victorian writers held competitions to see how long they could
    >> make a sentence before the reader's brain went numb.
    >> If a similar competition was held nowadays, you would win.
    >>
    >> Granny - hiding behind the sofa.
    >
    > They have a contest, inspired by that "It was a dark and stormy night"
    > feller. Do a search. Yer sentence can be handed in April 1, I think it is.
    >
    > -georg

    This the one? http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/ Recommended highly!
    "It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at
    occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which
    swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling
    along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps
    that struggled against the darkness."

    --Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Paul Clifford (1830)

    Skeatsan''co

    That's class!

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    >> Yes, thats what I meant, only I call my second user account Sims2. so
    >>what I'm doing is taking my previous download(and all new ones) from My
    >>Documents\Ea Games, and putting them into C drive Documents and Settings,
    >>Sims2, LOL now I'm getting confused, I have to explain that I always
    >>access My Documents from the start menu, and C drive from the shortcut on
    >>the desktop, so this is probably where the confusion lies, I haven't
    >>looked to see if the modular stairs are there, I don't use them a lot, but
    >>will have a gander next time I play.
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    >I'm going to be picky-picky rude. I know why you confused me.
    >
    >When I chopped your posts into bits I could make more sense of them.
    >Only the Victorian writers held competitions to see how long they could make
    >a sentence before the reader's brain went numb.
    >If a similar competition was held nowadays, you would win.
    >
    >Granny - hiding behind the sofa.

    K, :-D

    ---Sandra

    >> They have a contest, inspired by that "It was a dark and stormy night"
    >> feller. Do a search. Yer sentence can be handed in April 1, I think it
    >> is.
    >>
    >> -georg
    >
    > This the one? http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/ Recommended highly!
    > "It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at
    > occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which
    > swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling
    > along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps
    > that struggled against the darkness."
    >
    > --Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Paul Clifford (1830)

    > Skeatsan''co

    Arghh! What a terrible site, I will be there for hours!!!
    <later>
    Hurrah! I KNEW he had to be in here somewhere!
    "
    (the other one ends: "awful voids outside the ordered universe where the
    daemon sultan Azathoth gnaws hungrily in chaos amid pounding and piping and
    the hellish dancing of the Other Gods, blind, voiceless, tenebrous, and
    mindless, with their soul and messenger Nyarlathotep.")

    Ah, the good old days...

    [Contributor: Ted Dedopulos, Prague, Czech.]"

    Lovecraft, bless.

    Granny.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    >I use the modular stairs on every house I build, lol. I never use the
    >staircases. And now, numerator over at mts2 has made the wooden and
    >holysmoke stairs recolorable thru the design mode tool, so they are getting
    >even better :)

    Great news!! I want smaller stairs, Maxis stairs take up so much room,
    what we*really* need is an elevator.

    ---Sandra

    "At my age flowers scare me."
    George Burns

    > I worded that badly. I meant, none of the individual graphic files
    > are as large as the Sim files. I mean... You work on a bitmap, and
    > it might become huge with layers and things but once you save it the
    > size is respectable. But the Sims! sometimes a recolour can be
    > horrible. A new neighbourhood is a sizeable beast, even when empty
    > and used for building only.
    > My whole EA folder is only just pushing the Gig mark at 982 MB.
    > Small, compared to some folks in here.

    I'd say it is! Mine is 3.61 GB! But you are right, though. Everything in
    the Sims2 is huge. I've got to weed out my downloads. I have a tendency to
    gorge on downloading stuff every couple of weeks and then spending a whole
    evening installing it, only to never use it in the game!

    Jeanie

    Sanantone wrote:
    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >
    >> I use the modular stairs on every house I build, lol. I never use
    >> the staircases. And now, numerator over at mts2 has made the wooden
    >> and holysmoke stairs recolorable thru the design mode tool, so they
    >> are getting even better :)
    >>

    > Great news!! I want smaller stairs, Maxis stairs take up so much room,
    > what we*really* need is an elevator.
    >
    > ---Sandra

    I want L-shaped stairs. The circular stairs in the original game were
    handy, but I really want L-shaped stairs. I've seen tutorials various
    places on how to do them with the modular stairs and I've got to work on
    that a bit, I think.

    Jeanie

Video Games Product