E 4300 asrock conroe945g dvi 2g matched ram

frund

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
hi, running at 1.8. 800fsb I did manage to get it up to 2. but this was as much as I managed. This cpu was supposed to overclock well but I never managed it ..with upgraded heat sink..but that was probably down to me. this mb will go to 1066fsb. I would like to overclock to around 3 what are my chances.. or should I buy a s/h e7600 advise Please.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Ah the 4300. My favorite CPU in history. When I had mine I got it over a 100% OC.
Wasn't till the first gen i7's when I finally replaced it. But enough about my experienes lets move onto yours.

With your experience I am guessing your limits are due to your MB.
The MB you have isn't exactly the best suited for the job.
I really don't see you hitting 3GHz. As for buying a e7600... I just checked newegg's price and I'm going to have to say that is a costly upgrade for something quite outdated today. What are you using this rig for mainly? You may want to consider just making a new build.

frund

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
I use it for a bit of downloading.. the odd film, a few songs, playing backing tracks (guitarist ) not too much crunching really ooh and watching footy highlights. I have not thought about a rebuild yet I would think my setup is quite out of date but I do not use it for games. I have a dedicated graphics card.