Sign in with
Your question

P6TD Deluxe w/ OCZ3P1600LV6GK

Last response: in Motherboards
September 18, 2009 4:27:43 PM

The question is that I just got the mother board and this is the second time building my machine and this one is a lot nicer that my first one so I want to make everything is correct.

I got the manual and my RAM (DDR3) was not listed in the book. So i was thinking that the manual might have came out earlier than the Memory. So I check the Asus site and got the latest specs and they mention LV3 not Lv6.

So my Question is will LV6 Work. I have come across the following is several areas "Intel recommends you don't go over 1.65v with your RAM on X58 chipset, or it could damage the memory controller on the CPU."

I check the Mother board and it said it took: DDR3 2000 (oc)/1866 (oc) /1800 (oc) /1600 (oc)/ 1333 / 1066 mhz... Didn't see anything about low voltage ram (LV) didn't really think about it until I was about to install it. - Just the Memory QVL ( Qualifies Vendors list) got me worried that I bought the wrong stuff.

Question 2:

My Ram States 1.65v if I have more voltage to this will it hurt the Ram or CPU?

thanks for listening to me ramble.

Also thanks for any help that i get on this post.

More about : p6td deluxe ocz3p1600lv6gk

September 19, 2009 9:20:52 AM

I think OCZ LV6 are the same than LV3 just with less memory,the memory ic must be the same.Don't worry if OCZ LV3 is on the QVL LV6 must work fine too,cause basically it's the same RAM specifications.
Voltage of these RAMs are OK for Core i7 mobos,they are designed for used in X58 chipset.I'll write you a PM cause I ordered a P6TD Deluxe too and I would like to know your impressions of this board when you start using it,mine arrives september 28th.
Thanks
October 15, 2009 8:28:58 PM

anew3rd said:
The question is that I just got the mother board and this is the second time building my machine and this one is a lot nicer that my first one so I want to make everything is correct.

I got the manual and my RAM (DDR3) was not listed in the book. So i was thinking that the manual might have came out earlier than the Memory. So I check the Asus site and got the latest specs and they mention LV3 not Lv6.

So my Question is will LV6 Work. I have come across the following is several areas "Intel recommends you don't go over 1.65v with your RAM on X58 chipset, or it could damage the memory controller on the CPU."

I check the Mother board and it said it took: DDR3 2000 (oc)/1866 (oc) /1800 (oc) /1600 (oc)/ 1333 / 1066 mhz... Didn't see anything about low voltage ram (LV) didn't really think about it until I was about to install it. - Just the Memory QVL ( Qualifies Vendors list) got me worried that I bought the wrong stuff.

Question 2:

My Ram States 1.65v if I have more voltage to this will it hurt the Ram or CPU?

thanks for listening to me ramble.

Also thanks for any help that i get on this post.

I'm planning on getting the same board and I just ordered some CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D. It was on the Asus QVL and it has good timings. This is my first build and I was very afraid of screwing up with cheap memory. I also plan to OC the memory slightly (although I keep reading that real world differences between 1333 and 1600 are not really noticeable).
November 4, 2009 4:37:48 PM

anew3rd, did that ram work for you?

I bought a P6T Deluxe v2 at Micro Center & they sold me the same ram OCZ3P1600LV6GK to go with it.

I've been getting memory error crashes & MemTest comes back with errors.

Did you set the bios settings manually or use auto?

If not auto, which settings did you use?

Thanks!
!