RYanMills1525

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
i just started building my first computer and i have things hooked up and i plugged in the power supply, but nothing happened. Is it that the power supply isn't working? i have a meter that measures voltage and it is showing that power isn't coming out of any of the internal connections. is there something that shows if the power supply is actually on? or is this thing just DOA?

Check the toggle switch in back. Or try a bare post on a phonebook, and use a plain flathead screwdriver touching the power switch pins to power on the system. You may also have a standoff out of position under the board.

New computer won't POST
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-261145_13_0.html

For the bare PSU, you can try the paperclip trick. On the main power plug (the 24 pin one), use a paperclip to jumper the green wire to either adjacent black ones. It should turn on and the PSU fan should spin. And you should be able to check the voltages.

If it does not turn on, it's DOA. Keep in mind though, that the fans running does not mean the PSU is good. The fan represents only a minimal load.