help regarding audio streaming over Bluetooth

February 25, 2005 10:44:28 AM

Hi,

I am a new member of this group and currently, as a student, I'm
working on the development of a Bluetooth demonstrator for MP3
streaming between a PDA (Windows CE) and PC (Windows XP) with
headphone.
The PDA will be the initiator and the PC the acceptor.

I will use A2DP for streaming audio but I'm still learning about
Bluetooth, so I would like to ask for pieces of advice and suggestions
on how to implement that. I will use a MP3 codec to interface with
A2DP but I don't know how to do that.

Note that I have to use the extendedsytems stacks which contains
audio/video profiles.

Thanks for your help

Regis
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:29:26 PM

Please let me know when you complete the project. I need such streaming to run it over my i-mate JAM in order to be able to listen to my music files through bluetooth headset.
Thanks,
alnazera@yahoo.com

March 1, 2005 2:15:02 PM

"regis" <regis.jano@caramail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am a new member of this group and currently, as a student, I'm
> working on the development of a Bluetooth demonstrator for MP3
> streaming between a PDA (Windows CE) and PC (Windows XP) with
> headphone.
> The PDA will be the initiator and the PC the acceptor.
>
> I will use A2DP for streaming audio but I'm still learning about
> Bluetooth, so I would like to ask for pieces of advice and suggestions
> on how to implement that. I will use a MP3 codec to interface with
> A2DP but I don't know how to do that.
>
> Note that I have to use the extendedsytems stacks which contains
> audio/video profiles.

The curent bluetooth driver for A2DP routes it directly from your audio, so
there is no special code required when writing the MP3 piece. Basically
write the MP3 player, install the A2DP bluetooth driver and you are happily
streaming your music.

If you want to look at some existing A2DP hardware on the market check out
HP's Bluetooth headphones for the Ipaqs. It might be of some help, and it
does provide the A2DP driver (and bluetooth stack update) for several Ipaq
models.

Of course your Laptop will have to offer an A2DP service for the PDA to link
with if you pln on piping the audio over to it.

As for extended stacks, are you saying that you are using a video bluetooth
profile? Now that is interesting, but outside of some development work I
have never seen it on the streets. Stereo (A2DP) is just now becoming
mainstream

Good Luck
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:24:09 PM