Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Laptops
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 13, 2010 2:15:20 AM

Hi guys. Can i do an effective cooling for laptop cpu ? And Are notebook coolers enough to reduce temperature for 5 or 8 degree ? Thanks all

More about : cooling laptop cpu

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2010 3:30:10 AM

The twin fan under laptop coolers I've owned were very effective at cooling of the CPU and HDD, however the coolers themselves only lasted a year or two.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2010 5:48:05 AM

notebooks, just like desktops, have heatsinks and fan to cool the cpu... so the functionalities are pretty much the same... i would recommend the thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink in the notebook to be replaced once in 12-18 months to ensure good cooling performance... i have also noticed on certain brands the TIM application is horrendous to say the least... if you can DYI nothing like it... otherwise take it to a proper technician and shouldn't cost you much (depends on the place where you are taking to)...

Notebook coolers are excellent in providing additional cooling and air circulation to the notebooks and in most cases are more than sufficient... try getting one with a big fan like 200mm (some chinese makes are available) they are the best when it comes to silent operation as well as cooling perofrmance...
a b D Laptop
a c 107 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 17, 2010 1:22:53 PM

My solution for my old laptop was to place two 1x4x12 wood under it at the left and right edges. Cheap, and worked!
!