Is Dell Ram Any Good?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I just found an amazing deal, its a Dell clearance. 2x2GB (4GB) DDR2 800Mhz for $20. Now before you get all excited, I don't live in the states so I don't have access to newegg. So this offer is amazing in the U.K to find branded ram at this price.

Now, down to the important part, is dell ram any good? Can it be used on other motherboards etc? But overall, and once again... Is it any good?

For example... Dell Vs. Crucial.

Thanks!

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Lol, great! I'm going to go get it. It's brand new so, ram is ram I guess. I own a Dell PC atm, I'm just planning on getting an upgrade to a Gigabye board later on and wanted to know if it will be compatible, and it should.

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Dell and HP have a killer deal like this once every blue moon, probably clearing out a truck load of excess memory modules. About two years ago, there was a similar deal on HP DDR2-667 modules that worked out between $4.00 ~ $8.00 per GB.

The market for excess OEM components can be a gold mine. I recently acquired two brand new M-Audio Delta 1010 PCI audio cards for $5.00 each plus shipping (total came to $20.85 shipped). They were rebranded by HP for use in some HP workstations, but identical to the genuine M-Audio cards and use the same PCI hardware ID.

These cards sell for $70 ~ $90 each without break-out cable, or over $120.00 each with break-out cable. :)

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^^ Awesome thanks! :D Man, once in a life time. I just thought dell made crappy ram thats why they where selling for so cheap!

DAMN! I better go get them before then run out. Thanks for the heads up!