Sep 18, 2009
Specs:
Motherboard: P35-DS3L
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
Graphics Card: MSI 8800GT with fan
Antec 500 Watt powersupply
Antec Sonata II case
4 x 1GB Corsair Ram

I've had this computer for about 1-2 years now. I built it myself, and it's always worked perfectly fine. I left my computer on last night and in the afternoon when I got back to my computer I noticed it was power cycling. The monitor was reading

Award BootLock BIOS v1.0

Scanning BIOS from Hard Drive........
Recovery something....

It kept turning off and turning on and showing that so I turned the computer off and pulled the plug from the power supply put it back in and tried turning it on. After that nothing comes up on the computer when turned on. The BIOS post screen doesn't come up either.

I've tried removing the graphics card, removing all drives, using 1 stick of ram and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

techsidd

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Do you mean take it out and put it back in after waiting a few minutes so that the CMOS clears or do you mean to completely replace it, because I've tried clearing the CMOS by removing it.

Would the CMOS battery being dead have such a big impact as to not letting my BIOS load, and if so where can I get that type of a battery.

Thanks

My old NES cadridges are still able to keep their saves with a 20 years old battery... so I really doubt the battery is really the problem.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006

Mine is awesome, used to recommend them all the time, they all still work, they get great reviews

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008

thats true, my second one has just died for no reason again, please can you recommend a board to replace it with, one thats doesnt die like that.

Theres been so many chipsets released since the p965, should i go with a p965 again, i dont need quad core, i could get one cheap off ebay.

I also have had great success with Gigabyte motherboards (a P35 and two P45's with OC'd processors). Also have a G41 at home, but that one has less than a year on it, so long term durability is unknown. And I just recently helped a friend build an i7 system using a GA-X58.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
965p-ds3
e7300 @ 3.6
4gb ram
3850 512mb
evo labs 450 watt psu

i have already tested with another motherboard, and all my parts work fine, im pretty sure the bios has corrupted it self somehow, when i start it up cpu fan spins slowly and there is no output to the monitor.

shrex

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
everyone always blames the psu, ive checked the voltages its absolutely fine, and power consumption is around 50% of the 12v rail at peak.

im using this psu with another board now still working fine.