synergy00

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I'm having trouble setting up the hdmi connection on my monitor. I'm using an acer h233h 23'' 1080p monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. I have this connected to an gtx285 graphics card via the adapter that came with the graphics card. When setting the monitor to use the hdmi connection by default, i get a no signal message upon booting up. It will then search for other connections and will go into standby when it finds none. If i connect the dvi cable and boot up it will default to the dvi connection instead. This is my first time trying to setup an hdmi connection so i'm not sure what else needs to be done to get this to work. I've googled this multiple times and havent found much short of making sure i have the correct resolution and resizing the screen through the nvidia control panel. I have tried both dvi connections on the graphics card and both have the same results. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like a computer logic problem to me.

This is the assumption i am making, you dont have a native HDMI out on the card and so you are selecting HDMI as the output but you are connecting an addapter to the DVI out on the card ?

If this is correct then try using the Adapter but have the DVI sellected as the out ;)

Mactronix

Why not use the DVI connection? They send the exact signal...

Also note, the HDMI device requires that windows boots up first before a signal is sent. I know the second DVI output on my 9800GX2 did the same thing; It would only send a signal after windows had booted.

TRENDING THREADS