Sign in with
Your question

Need an alternative power supply for dell xps 435

Last response: in Components
July 7, 2009 1:39:09 PM

Hi guys,

i have specced up del xps 435 with 6 gig ramm and ati 4870 1 gig video card. i beleive the system comes with just 475watt power supply. Could someone suggets the best replacement power supply unit?

thanks
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2009 4:03:48 PM

Looks like the video card came with the system. If your system is stable, and games are running smoothly on high settings, I would leave it alone. Dell has pretty good power supplies on it's high end systems. Only reason to upgrade the ps is if you overclock. I don't know if the board permits this. If you decide to upgrade the ps, corsair, pc power and cooling, antec, seasonic, enermax, and ocz are all good brands. Expect to spend about $100-150 for a 750w ps.
July 25, 2009 8:49:01 AM

i've had my 435 for about a month. after constant lockups/freezing issues and hours on the phone with dell's useless tech support i thought i'd try a psu. it's run problem free for a week now. i got a thermaltake 850 watt from best buy for 160.
I'm running the same vid card, 8 gigs of ram and the 940 processor.
a c 243 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2009 10:56:34 AM

o1die said:
If you decide to upgrade the ps, corsair,

As much as I like Corsair several people have posted at both the DCF and Corsair forums that the Corsairs are not working in the new Dells.
The Antec Earthwatts seem to be the favorites at this point.

!