MarcusRules5

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I just set up my new build and i already have problem :(
I was reading up on my i7 and i read somewhere that i need to set my XMP profile to 1 so i can fully use my ram @ 1600
But when i do that my computer says NO!!! can crashes :*( anyone have any idea on what i should do. I dont wanna stay @ 1066.

OH and idk if this matters but my Dr.Debug has an error "AA". i checked my manual at it says Uninstall POST INT1Ch vector and INT09h Vector. Deinitalizes the ADM Module.... what does that even mean?!?!?!?!?

HALP PLZZZZZ

ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit
MSI GTX 260 216Cores

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
A topic name "Oh Noes" really sucks, if you want to get more replies, make a more specific and understandable topic name like "XMP profile for full ram usage crashing" or something like that. Very few people will force themselves to open up a board titled OH Noes, just some advice :)

Yoosty

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007

You need to read your Manual that came with the Mobo. Also you can download it in PDF form from ASRock site and save it so you can always view it if needed.
ASRock X58 Extreme PDF Manual

Then go to 3.3 OC Tweaker Screen section of the manual and look for DRAM Frequency and XMP Frequency. There it will tell you how to set-up your Ram, if Auto does not work then manualy apply your ran settings.

scorpivs

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009

To reduce power drain on the motherboard, I opt to power the chassis fan using a 4-pin Molex directly from the PSU
instead of the designated connector labeled [CHA_FAN1]; my LED always indicates [AA]

I hope this is found to be helpful.

[EDIT]

This evening, I discovered the solution to the ASRock X58 Extreme mobo AA dilemma; there
are two separate meanings for the AA post code, depending on the interval at which it appears:

If your board is showing AA while otherwise running ok, it is because you are in ACPI mode, and
all you need to do is change the computer driver in Device Manager to a Standard PC driver, by
updating your current driver, telling the wizard not to connect to Windows Update this time, to
Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), then tell it Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.
Select Standard PC, click Next, complete the process, and reboot.

Be prepared to see some odd drivers disappear, re-appear, need updating, re-installing, etc...
(I had to reinstall my laser mouse) but in turn I got the elusive ATi HD audio driver out of the deal
and my Kingston 1600s are back to work, instead of the 1066s I've been nursing on.

For more information on this issue, read a similar thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/272754-30-asrock-extreme-debug-code-question

and check this link:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33594824

The info from chunkymonster is what tipped the scale back in favor of ASRock X58 Extreme
and I have so much more confidence in this beast of mine, now that the Post-code clearly reads:

metal.makes.the.world.go.around.