Need advice on CPU fan for Prolimatech Megahalem

jace5869

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Just ordered the Prolimatech Megahalem from performance-pcs.com and I need to know if I ordered a good fan or f it will not work without modifications? I returned the Xigmatech Dark Knight cooler, hoping this one will be better.

SILVERSTONE FM121-B 120mm Case Fan - Retail
Silverstone Case Fan Link

[cpp]
Model
Brand SILVERSTONE
Model FM121-B
Spec
Type Case Fan
Compatibility Case
Fan Size 120mm
Bearing Type 2 Ball
RPM 800-2400 RPM
Air Flow Max 110.03 CFM
Noise Level 17-39.5 dBA
Power Connector 3 / 4 Pin
Color White Fan , Black Panel
Physical Spec
Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25mm
[/cpp]

[cpp]
The FM121 is a superb 120mm fan package with manual adjustable fan controller. Equipped with 9 fan blades, it offers elevated quietness and performance levels beyond traditional 7 bladed fans. Finding a perfect speed for this fan in any given application is simple on the included aluminum fan controller. Constructed out of high strength white colored plastic and polished to a smooth shine, the FM121 is the ultimate solution for any PC and HTPC enthusiasts looking to upgrade their 120mm fan.[/cpp]

I'm using a Cooler Master HAF 932 case and I have just replaced the top 230mm fan with 3 Cooler Master R4 series fans (Red L.E.D)
Cooler Master R4 Series Fan Link
and thinking about ordering 4 more for the side panel to move some serious air.

The reasoning behind the added/exchanged fans and different cooler are because I was getting temps that seemed high for the case and set-up I had. I have also ordered OCZ Freeze compound to use instead of the Tuniq TX-2 and I ordered 2 Xigmatek fans, one to mount in the bottom near the PSU and one to try and mount in the optical drive cage above the DVD burner.

Xigmatek fan:
Xigmatek Fan link
XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 120mm 4 white LED