HIS HD5970 with EK--FC5970

eposone

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hi guys

Anyone using the HIS's HD5970 with the EK-FC5970 water block?

Any problems with 'cold bug' or similar reported?

Thanks in advance

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Cold bug? Explain...are you meaning the card fails to run because the GPU is too cold? This really only takes place when using LN2 or a compressor to run below-freezing temps on components...not with watercooling only.

Remember, watercooling will never allow you to run anything cooler than ambient air temps, so its the same thing as starting up your box with the stock coolers on at room temps.

eposone

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
yo thats also what i thought but i have numerous search hit for this in goolge on overclocker sites and it might be just applying for the high temp beast 5970 from ATI, other option maybe to flash the bios but i would like to refrain from doing so since im not experienced in this and alien bios might make the card unusable and inrevertable...any other thoughts on this?

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I hear people can't boot their 5970 with watercooling. I don't think that is a "cold bug" since it would still be room temperature be it water or a metal heatsink.

I personally don't have any problems with my 5970 and I am using the EK waterblock. I think some people just have faulty BIOS or drivers.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

It's a Joke when you spend upwards of 500~700$ for video card and you have to flash your BIOS or constantly have issues with the drivers :pfff:

TRENDING THREADS